Friday, March 15, 2024

Not sorry

 I just couldn't face another day at work and called in.  

I did have a headache which I can use as an excuse if asked, but they generally don't ask.  I work Palm Sunday so I think they would rather have me there anyway.  

I just needed a break, I wasn't getting my God Time, getting 6 some hours of sleep a night, it adds up.  Add to that I was only going to get one day off out of 9 worked I [shudder] no.  

It's supposed to rain this afternoon so I got the clothes started.  I did not bring home my vest to wash but it will be OK.  

I get up at 3, catch the 5:30 bus, get to work 7:30.  I build in time for screwups as one time a bus broke down and the next bus had an old lady fall getting off.  I barely made it on time.  So I start work at 9 and work until 4 some days, 6 other days.  On the 9 hour days at work I pay for a ride home.  But take a more typical "off at 4" day.  I leave and catch a 4:30 bus to come home, arrive home between 6 and 6:30 PM.  Call my parents that's a half hour, pet the cats, go to bed around 7:30-8, wake up at 3 the next day.  That's a long day.  

I feel God wants me to do it this way, stay at this store, etc. even though there are other stores "closer" on the bus.  It just takes a lot out of me, I need 2 days together once a week to recoup.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you get 2 days off a week like a normal person? You ony work part time but it's dumb to have yourself working 4 hours a day when it takes you 2 hours there and back to work. Next job don't make the same mistake with this nonsense. You may have to make changed with them and tell them you need 3 days off in a 7 day work week minimum.

Anonymous said...

Edit that to 2 days off in a 7 day work week not 3 days.

Anonymous said...

God wants you to do it this way? Why?

Anonymous said...

So God wants you to torment yourself by commuting 4 hours everyday? It makes no sense. Clearly you have no boundaries when it comes to your job. No one should be working 9 days straight in a row. Part time or otherwise. Now the question is what are you going to do about it? Next job set boundaries with hours you can work. It's insane to work 4 hour shifts when you have transportation issues. Working closer to home would be an improvement.

Heather Knits said...

I agree 9 days in a row is too much. They haven't had me work a 4 hour shift in a long time, though, they're always longer. I miss the old days where I'd get 3 days off in a row now and then.

Heather Knits said...

1:18 I think I covered your question in today's post.

Anonymous said...

Again you have NOT set boundaries in your life and this includes work. What are you going to do about it?