Friday, March 22, 2024

News I didn't need

 One of the greeters at my store, disabled man, was assaulted by a homeless man at the bus stop and had to go to the hospital.  He said he was on the phone when it happened.

I never use my phone at the bus stop and I do carry the big stick, I am also vigilant looking around and I don't let anyone stand near me.  But it is disturbing this man is obviously disabled.  

He said they did catch the guy so there is that.

I think I mentioned that awful Chick tracts I saw online about the toddler beaten to death.  Someone left it in the break room and I threw it out.  Someone at the store lost a toddler to domestic violence last year and that's the last thing they need to see.  Also, it would blow back on me as I am open about my faith, offering to pray for people, etc.  I'm not losing my job over this.  It is known I hand out material and a WMP Scripture Booklet looks a lot like a Chick tracts, but I would not hand out Gospel material at work unless someone asked for a Bible, for instance.

Nope nope nope.  I don't feel at ALL bad about that.  

It has already been a crazy day and I haven't even clocked in!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather....perhaps this is a sign for you to change jobs to either a WM closer to home, or another employer. Between the incredibly long commute and now this violence, please give it some thought. You now have a work history and can take some time to find something better. You're not
desperate like you were a few years back.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Perfect advice Barbara. Heather, please think about what she said and see if God is telling you to move on.