Saturday, March 30, 2024

Saturday

 I was depressed today but I managed to get my shower (quite the accomplishment for a day off when I'm off), God Time, off to the grocery store.  The second bus driver didn't want any candy one of those healthy eating types (nothing wrong with that).  That bus drops me off across from the grocery store, I cross the street, shop, and usually get the same driver on the way back.  

So when shopping I only got 2 gallons of milk, some candy.  They had the candy in stock I was impressed.  I also got a healthy snack for the driver and a 1 ounce bag of chips for myself.  

I had the chips at the bus stop.  The bus came, it was a different driver but he still took the healthy snack (a banana, peanuts, and a bottle of water).  

So I came home, it wasn't too bad.  

I was worried today it would be all work and no fun; but it was, pretty much.  

I was happy I cleaned up next to the bed it's the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night.  I also tried on some jeans and did fold up the ones I "fit" and put them next to the bed.  It looks much more organized now.  

That's it for now.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop buying food for the drivers. You bitch about your budget but just can't connect the dots here.

Heather Knits said...

Bag of peanuts, 50 cents, banana, maybe 15 cents, bottle of water 25 cents. I think 90 cents once a week is doable.

Anonymous said...

Are you using 1950 prices? I checked prices in Houston. Small bag of peanuts $1.98, one banana 25 cents, bottle of water $1.29. This is $3.50 a week, $14.00 a month. Open your eyes, Heather!

Heather Knits said...

Not where I shop! Worth the trip at their prices.

I'm not going to say where because it does narrow where I live and I really think I need to be careful with sharing details like that, but I swear I paid those prices on Saturday.

I don't know if we still do but we even had a Salvage grocery I used to pass it on the bus, never went in.

That's the nice thing about living in the big city.