Thursday, March 21, 2024

I got the ball rolling

 So I had a pretty quiet morning, had a headache so I only did my God Time and had some serious lap time 

Then I made some calls.  I started with the Health Department as I think the issue of human waste all over the ground is a health department matter.  They took the call and suggested I call the bus company as well; which I did.  

Everyone was completely revolted and I am very sorry about that but they took the call, referred me to complaint (the first call to Metro bus I just said "Homeless people are 'messing up' the bus stop" without detailing how, he kicked me to complaint line where the poor man heard my statement, took a complaint, referred me to Metro Police.  I was not expecting that.  

However now that it is on file I think I will see some action.  If I don't I will keep making phone calls and worst case this is the kind of thing the local "consumer advocate" reporter on the TV station would love to hear.  

The worst thing I said was "My cat has better manners" during the phone calls, all 4 of them (I only said it once).  So hopefully I won't have to watch my step over there anymore.  It helped I had the bus stop number and address.  

I tell you, going over there after a long day at work is just awful, and then that nasty drunk man just laying there coughing up a lung (he smokes small hand rolled things that do not smell like weed), piles of crap everywhere, Tijuana slums are better than that (I spent a total of 6 weeks in TJ slums doing mission work, as a teen).  

Anyway the headache is gone thank God.  It is raining enough I'm glad I didn't have to ride the bus and it should help clean up my bus stops.  

I just work tomorrow and have 2 days off, I plan to do a Bible Handout if I can.  

I really had some excellent lap time with Biscuit, a nice amount with Spotty, and Cleo put her front legs in my lap while standing on the arm of my chair, that's her version of "lap".  As a former feral many common things are very scary for her, like me standing up or moving suddenly.  Also clothes, clothes are terrifying to her, but that's OK she loves me and lets me know in her way.  And I have the boys if I want lap time, hugs, or kisses.  With Cleo I will kiss my fingertips and put it on her head.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: