Saturday, March 30, 2024

I made it, period

 I got to my weekend.  

The store was crazy this week, far crazier than other Easters in the past.  I'm not sure why, I don't think people actually have more money but I was hopping all night long.  

The good news I didn't have time to feel sorry for myself, either.  And the night went fast.  

I ate pretty much low carb all day too, I'm happy about that.  

When I got hired we had to watch a video about religious inclusion.  They had a specific instance of if a muslim employee wants to pray in the break room that is their right.  On my lunch last night 3 did that.  I didn't have an issue with that what I did object to was playing the "call to prayer" on speaker phone before they did that.  When I listen to my religious music I put it on headphones.  

So they (3 of them) did that and went back to their meal.  Then Jose in the corner starts playing "Jesus Paid it All" (an old hymn) on his speakerphone played the whole song all 4 stanzas, then turned it off.  I guess that's religious balance.  That's his right.  

And the nice thing to me about the song he picked it's got the whole Gospel.  "Jesus paid it all/ all to Him I owe, Sin had left a crimson stain/ He washed it white as snow"  I wanted to clap.  

In the meantime I was doing up Bibles for Ace's family, Bilingual New Testament with Psalms, tract (I thought "Overwhelmed" was appropriate), and a card where I had written "I'm praying for you daily!" in English and Spanish and also written "Psalm 27" in English, then stuck the card AT Psalm 27 in the Bible.  That took a while even though I only had 4.  

I decided not to do a Handout today but I will do prep work for next week.  My goal is to have a ready to go cart for next week by Thursday, so all I have to do Saturday morning is take it to the bus stop.  

I have a lot of stuff I have to do but I want to make today fun, too.  I need to figure out how to do that.  

Tomorrow I go to church.  

I also have to pick my chicken carcass and get the meat off, then make stock.  

No comments: