Sunday, December 24, 2023

You signed up for this (dumping/vent about work post)

 So I am going to bitch in this post feel free to skip unless you want to share my misery.  You were warned.  

Ron used to complain now and then when I would vent to him saying he didn't sign up for that.  But you did when you clicked that link to read the post.  

So I got to work and the other team had left a mess for me like they do every day.  Another woman had clocked in early and taken equipment I needed to do my job, and was playing games.   My bosses' boss came by and asked me about it and I told him, he sorted it out pretty quick.  

Then I had a hellish day of pre-Christmas retail frenzy.  It was nonstop all day.  I did stay up on my work, took my lunch at the appropriate time, leaving things as they should be, did my lunch, did the grocery zone and had those potato chips looking mighty fine if I do say.  

I came back and one of the other employees took her lunch.  She is known for taking long lunches and did today.  She doesn't "believe" she should "have" to go to the bathroom on her lunch or break period so she takes the rest time, clocks back in, and THEN lingers another 10 minutes in the bathroom before coming back.  

When I realized this would happen I was able to adjust my pickup with Ace.   It was insane I was doing 3 jobs at once and staying on top of it.  

One of the team leads comes by and asks when I was leaving.  I told her "Should have been 5 minutes ago but so and so is late coming back from lunch" 

Instead of addressing the CHRONIC tardiness issue, she turns to me and says "Well, you can't leave it like this when you go or we will have to talk."  

The other people leave it like that EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR.  This is THE busiest shopping day of the year.  I am doing multiple jobs.  I am staying on top of things but other people are not doing what they should.  One employee is wandering around aimlessly when she is not texting (I really think that one has an intellectual limitation).  Literally, that is all she is doing.  I don't see how she passed her assessments when she applied all I can figure someone else took them for her.  

The person I am covering went to lunch at 3:04 and didn't come back until 4:15.  This is typical when I do have to cover for her.  I was just so disgusted.  

I checked but we did not have any eggnog, after I clocked out.  That was disappointing.  

It's just AGH.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember that when the gas station opens and get a job there.

Heather Knits said...

My only doubt on that I think I'd have a lot of drunks at the gas station.

Anonymous said...

Gas station attendants sometimes work alone and are always at risk of being stuck in a robbery or attacked. They also put up with a lot from customers (drunks, junkies, shoplifters, loitering, people using the parking lot for all sorts of things including solicitation).

And they get to clean the bathrooms.

Anonymous said...

Are drunks at the gas station worse than the drunks that use the bus stop for a bathroom?

Heather Knits said...

Well, I can walk away from the bus stop.

I don't know why, maybe it's the enclosure aspect (3 sides closed in) but they just love to toilet at the bus stop. I think the food truck ran the worst offender off because he was defecating right next to the truck and they were going to get in trouble with the health department.