Monday, December 25, 2023

Well that was an interesting Christmas surprise

 I bought myself some $5 PJ pants on Black Friday mainly because they still had them left when I came in to work at 2, and they had them on my lunch at 7.  I thought for sure I was a 2X so I got a couple of them and 1 pair of the XL.  

The thrift store PJ pants I got this week state they are an XL so I went ahead and opened that first and tried it on, it fits great.  So I have 3 pair I don't need.  I will give them to a lady at work.  

These are the ones that work: 


And here are the water bottles I got myself, I think I explained how I plan to use them, already:  


The one on the right is more of a mauve than a pink.  

I always want slippers for Christmas and I think in years past I have not conveyed that, so this year I bought myself slippers.  

Slipper socks: 



They have the little grippers on the sole of the foot so I don't fall and split my head open.  


And this, a "proper" slipper I am wearing right now, very cozy.  The socks were $7 for the set Black Friday special and the slippers were $10.  My feet get cold easy and I have tile/vinyl floors so they are cold too.  I am happy with that.  I will only need them a few months and then I will put them in storage when it gets hot.  

My deodorant failed me sometime this morning (I was not up for a shower with the headache) so I took a shower around 2 and put on my new PJ pants and a purple t shirt.  

I will talk to my parents sometime in the next hour and open their presents while I am talking to them.  

That's it for now!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could return the pants that didn't work instead of giving them to people.

Heather Knits said...

Yes, I could, and I will if she doesn't want them.

But it is going to be insane at customer service tomorrow; and it's $15 for the 3 of them. It was worth it to find out I'm not as fat as I thought.

Of course the ones that did fit are the ones that look like someone vomited a whole paint box on the fabric! LOL

Anonymous said...

You have 90 days to return something.

Anonymous said...

Walmart has a 90 day return policy. I think it is just wasteful to throw away $15 when you are always crying about how poor you are. Besides now that Christmas is over your hours at work may very well get cut so you need every dollar you have available for yourself. That is why it was recommended for you to cut ALL fixed expenses like internet, cell phone, etc to the cheapest possible so that the money can be put aside in a savings. I feel like Walmart managers are always giving you a hard time and don't see that you work hard, etc while others who work there get away with doing nothing or the bare minimum. As you can see life is a popularity contest and if they like you then you can get away with anything. If they are lukewarm towards you then you are the one who will get screwed over by these dumb managers. Just be cautious and careful and never let any employee get away with making you look bad in front of management.

Heather Knits said...

Oh that's the funny thing, everyone is getting their hours cut but me. I actually have MORE hours this week where everyone else is getting less.

I didn't say that though.

I actually feel sort of bad for the managers, the sort of person willing to work nights and weekends for $14 an hour is just not high caliber at least in Houston. Home Depot and Target down the road pay more, for instance.

A very hardworking former employee came back for Christmas lunch with her other friends (they are all immigrants from some Asian country) and the managers were so excited to see her until they realized she works for a department store now.

We (the store) get the second and third string workers, a good example is one employee very vocal about having bipolar disorder, always creating drama, leaving early, etc.

She is the one who "tried" to make me look bad but it backfired because, when asked, I immediately said "So and so has the equipment I need and I can't find her". She showed up about 2 minutes after I said that and looked really bad. Lots of excuses. Once I had what I needed I went to work and he did not need to come by again.