Thursday, December 14, 2023

Thursday morning

 No problems on the way to work yesterday.  Work itself was uneventful, fairly busy but Christmas is coming.  

I left on time and caught my bus, he was running a little late.  Tuesday another bus was following him letting him pick up everyone except at my stop, he came ahead and got me (I didn't know this had happened until later).  And got the candy.  The guy who got me was very friendly and talked to me, he said he had me going to work too.  

Last night the usual driver got me and told me what had happened, both drivers are angry at the other and feel the other guy is slacking.  It does seem rather chickenshit to me to follow another bus and let him do all the work.  

I got on my home bus and it was a different driver, but he stopped at my stop which is all I cared about.  He did get candy of course.  When I got off the bus it was dark but they were working on the gas station anyway which I find encouraging.  

I cannot convey the dark and creepy factor of this bus stop, at night, which is primarily when I am using it.  Bus stop means excellent lighting!

I walked past the dog's house and no problems, I saw a police car sitting nearby.  Occasionally the HOA will pay the police to come and sit at that intersection for a shift.  So I walked over with my candy and held it up, he rolled down the window.  I gave him the candy and thanked him for watching the neighborhood then warned him the dog over there (pointing) gets out sometimes and is very aggressive.  He said OH REALLY very interested and said he would keep an eye out.  Good.  

When I called animal control both times they were closed they seem fairly useless.  I have no doubt they would round up a dog that had bitten me but I don't think they care about this case because the owner is stuffing her (?) back in the yard when she gets out.  

I do feel a lot better carrying my stick.  

I work tonight so I have a little time this morning.  I did up my candy already and just need to make my lunch.  

That's it for now!  

No comments: