Friday, December 22, 2023

Well I guess I learned my lesson

 Can't post about people in bad relationships.  Coming soon: censoring my faith!  And I get a lot of hits you would think Blogger would want to keep it coming.  

What I find interesting (and the toxic relationship post is the only thing that could have triggered the censor) you KNOW ALL the stuff I posted about Ron and how he treated me and they were OK with that.  but I mention a coworker showed up looking like she'd been crying, and had made some comments about things he had said to her, and the censor comes.  

Work was very busy last night.  The had the "Christmas party" last night which was basically a catered meal.  It was not very good, it was Italian.  It had plenty of meat and cheese but it had very little seasoning.  The young men at the table next to me were complaining and most of them threw away their plates after taking a bite or two.  

Also they had a loudmouth, very negative, person "running the show" (not a manager) she was playing games making us wait on the food, etc.  She was also playing favorites making large plates for management and small plates for other associates.  Not who I would have picked.  I was glad I had brought some cheese.  

My boss was there and called me right after I clocked out.  I wasn't going back especially as I had Ace waiting, she texted me and said another employee wanted to give me a ride home.  I told her I was OK.  I am not going to ask Ace to come and then refuse to ride with him, I'd only do that if he was drunk or something.  

I did get him a small gift which he liked getting, he was going to open it later (a giant chocolate bar and a small cash gift in a Christmas card).  I am not sure if I'm taking him home Christmas eve.  I am very tempted but I also feel an obligation, I never ride on Sunday afternoon and that's all new drivers.  I told him I would let him know Saturday BUT he is working Sunday he said.  

He asked about (Jack) and I said I backed off on that because he did make the comment about me "always looking cute" and it wouldn't work primarily because he is not a believer.  So IF Ace ever thought about that I have made my position clear.  I like Ace as a person and if he was saved I might think about it.  Although I think he would have a lot more issues with my housekeeping than Ron did!  Most will!  I do have a lot of baggage.  

The cats are good.  I picked Spotty up yesterday morning just out of curiosity and he was into it, petting, kissing his fur, etc.  It seemed like a really good idea at the time BUT my allergies were terrible all day and night.  So I don't think I'm going to do that again anytime soon.  

My aunt and uncle come tonight that will be a lot of fun.  That's it for now.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy for you that your aunt and uncle are coming to visit. They sound like wonderful people.

Anonymous said...

You dumped him because he paid you a compliment? Would it have made a difference if he used the word nice instead of cute? Has he made any advances toward you? You take one word and turn it into he wants a relationship with you, and then you throw it he's not "a believer". You go to church and don't mingle and that's where you would find one of those.

I have had more male friends than female for years that didn't involve anything other than friendship. They would tell me I look cute, nice, or even sexy. I would say thank you and appreciate the compliment. You have so many hangups, it's hard for me to understand.

Heather Knits said...

I didn't dump him. He told me he was busy Friday nights. If I am calling the other guy for a ride one night a week it might as well be 2.

Maybe I haven't been clear I am not looking for a man. If I do find one likely he will give me a tract on the bus. I'm looking for someone seriously committed to Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Of course, you are looking for a man or you wouldn't constantly bring it up. And, yes if you were more friendly at church you might make a few friends both male and female who share your beliefs.

Heather Knits said...

I am friendly. We are kind of like dogs circling each other and sniffing right now.

Also my level of zeal for evangelism can put a lot of people off!