Sunday, December 24, 2023

I had a lot of fun with my aunt and uncle

 One highlight was the thrift shop.  I got some really cute stuff including a pair of fleece pj pants.  Today is pj day at work so I'm going to wear them.  

We also ran by the Mexican bakery (SO good!) and I got some treats for work.  They have some sort of poundcake thing with sesame seeds on top.  I have had the little ones they make and it is good, not too sweet but tasty.  So I got one of those and some M&M cookies which I think everyone will like.  I got myself some marranillos which is a pig shaped pastry that is very good.  Those are gone.  

My grandmother was a really good seamstress and passed that down to my aunt, who was utterly baffled at my coat.  She took it with her to work on and will mail it back.  I gave her free reign to do whatever seems best.  It was just poorly designed which doesn't say much about Land's End anymore.  And I am never, EVER, buying another coat with "waterproof pockets".  

My coworker is picking me up today.  I told her there would be gas money and a cup of coffee.  I need to get my shower.  

She texted me, said she isn't interested in gas money but will take the coffee.  She's got it!  

My aunt and uncle left yesterday afternoon and got home OK.  It is about 4 hours for them one way so I really appreciate them taking the time.  

It should be busy today but I'll get through it.  That's it for now.  

No comments: