Sunday, December 31, 2023

Sunday afternoon

 I was thinking about something today.  My friend (I still consider her this after the following) made a comment to me about how if I "like my job" I had better to A, B, C which I do already.  At another point she made the comment that "big changes are coming in the department in January everyone better look out".  Well I am a hard worker but I hate people making comments like that.  

I will say dead weight in the department drags down morale and productivity for everyone.  But I hate those kind of threats; I really do much better with Y management tell me what you LIKE me doing, give me a compliment now and then instead of threats.  

And it's my day off so that's all I'm writing.  I tried to take a nap with the cats but I couldn't sleep, I did move the clothes along.  

Watching TV everyone wants my $19 a month.  1, the head of the ASPCA makes a million dollars a year, if they are serious about saving animals they need to re examine that.  2.  I am not giving abortion providers money.  3.  I have heard from actual wounded vets about the "care" they got from a popular non profit and I believe them.  

So I guess I will be spending it on candy.  

I need to figure out meals too.  

I took a little nap in Ron's room; the cats were all over my bed looking SO cute I couldn't bear to move them.  But I forgot Spotty likes to sleep on that guest room pillow so my allergies are pretty bad right now.  Biscuit is next to me on the couch - the couch is right next to the computer.  

I still need to figure out meals though.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am way more concerned about where my tax money is going than where other people voluntarily give from their own funds. I give money to the shelter where I got my dog and the local wounded vet provider that has helped a few people I know. I donate pet food to a local non profit that distributes it to seniors who struggle to keep their pets. Every community has organizations that do great work and don't overpay their upper management. I think the $19 a month is meant to sound affordable (ooh, less than $20).