Friday, December 15, 2023

Friday morning

 Last night was crazy, I can't say much but I can say holiday madness.  Hopefully it will be better tonight.  

I am looking forward to walking out of the store tonight!  

It was supposed to rain today, all week they have been saying that, right now it looks like it will be dry enough to get me to work which is all I care about.  

Also I finally got a look at the gas station.  They have completely cleared the lot and are digging huge trenches.  I was watching the guy with the backhoe right next to the bus stop (there's a perimeter) and he was showing off a little for me I was laughing and grinning at him, giving him thumbs up.  He came over and talked to me in Spanish I said I was sorry I didn't speak it but muy rapido y muy bueno!  He liked that (very fast and very good work).  I am super excited about getting some lighting it is so dark over there in the morning or coming home at night.  

When I got to work they no longer take the gas bill payments so I will have to do that online.  I did give her the bag of (no tract) candy though for trying.  I occasionally hand out candy at work but never to customers (except the lady having diabetic issues) and never with my evangelism material in it.  The last thing I need is someone taking a booklet to personnel and showing the page on what sexual sins send you to hell because the store is "inclusive". 

Work itself was very busy and I had that boss the whole night as well.  She was not happy when I left but I did what I could and I was only there until 9.  She had me doing another job the first 4 hours of my shift I only had 2 hours to really finish what I was doing.  Looking at that and considering what night it was I think I did OK.  

She leaves at 8 tonight, if things work out I won't see her until Tuesday.  

The cats are good they slept with me last night.  Allergies feel better.  

Yesterday on the bus I had my hair loose and a creepy man behind me was petting it.  I won't do that again but he resembled Ron's brother which brought up a whole can of worms for me.  

Ron's brother was not all bad, he was tasked with making sure Ron was OK growing up and had to do things like wear Ron's shoes when they were new and break them in for Ron.  But after the accident A. was very angry at me because I was staying with Ron and A's wife had said she would put him in a nursing home if that happened.  

We also had conflict over Ron's care; they all wanted Ron in a nursing home and then they would visit once in a while only.  I wanted to take him home and do it all for him myself, give him a chance to get back on his feet again.  Since we were not married (! Hey, stupid, if you're living together get married so this doesn't happen to you!) I had no say in it but Ron's Dad and I were on the same page so I "got" Ron.  But Ron's sister was very angry with me said I made the family look bad.  She said she had also gone behind my back and lied to Ron's doctor that I could not care for him.  

It came to a head one fine day when A kidnapped me.  I had dirt on him and said I would "tell" if he didn't let me go so he did, but he was very angry with me for "screwing things up" (ie Ron could not go in the nursing home due to a Social Security glitch that was not my fault).  Had they been able to place him I would have been out of luck.  I couldn't have saved him.  But no one wanted him except me so I got him.  

I was very, very, angry about this for a very long time.  I've moved beyond that now.  Ron was lonely though and would call them now and then.  The first time he talked to his sister she asked why he was "talking funny" and he reminded her he had a stroke, and she hung up on him.  She stopped taking his calls.  Ron always wanted contact with them, though.  He had me send her a message on Facebook about a year before he died saying he loved her he didn't want anything except to hear how she was doing.  She never responded.  

A's wife called Ron once when Ron was listening to an Astros game and Ron was able to discuss it coherently with her, his favorite players, etc. and she hung up.  Ron said "She just wanted to see if I was still 'crazy/" (Ron had head injury dementia for about 8 months after the accident).  We never heard from them again, either.  

I said Ron could come back and he proved it.  They had to see for themselves and then, having seen he did recover, they ran off probably embarrassed they gave up on him so easy.  But Ron was a lot right after the accident I see why they did.  

After Ron died they ghosted me regarding the baby pictures which I KNOW they didn't want.  They were only interested in getting a death certificate so they could get their "big" life insurance payout.  I blocked his nephew because it was obvious he was playing games and he got very angry about that.  I don't care.  He was jerking me around and I was already a mess having just lost Ron.  Who does that?  

So all morning I have been thinking about this and what I might say or do if I saw them again.  

I have to go to work, that's it for now.  

No comments: