Saturday, December 23, 2023

I keep forgetting this

 Every day at work I have to "fix up" the cookie aisle.  Every day I see the Pirouette cookies and every time I remember a really awful thing that was done to me.  

I had lost a significant amount of weight on low carb and was doing very well.  I had a very strict hands off policy regarding sugar and chocolate.  Ron had a friend, Chuck, who would give us rides now and then.  Ron felt beholden to him which is one reason I ALWAYS pay for rides up front.  I don't like people loan sharking and then calling in their marker.  

Anyway this day he showed up with a tin of these cookies.  He knew I never ate that stuff, he gave it to me.  I said "Thank you" and put it up, fully intending to toss it the minute he left the house.  He must have figured that out because he demanded I open it and eat a few.  I said no.  He got very ugly about it and basically threatened to stop helping us, if I didn't.  Ron's like PLEASE eat the cookies.  So I ate a couple.  

THEN he left the tin with me.  Of course I ate the rest and it led to a decline and I gained all the weight back.  

But every time I see those cookies I think What a crappy thing to do.  I'm not sorry he is out of my life.  

No comments: