Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Tuesday morning

 Well #6 was pretty quiet Christmas eve - considering years past - but was pretty loud last night.  Unfortunately he built his covered patio between his house and my bedroom so if anyone farts out there I hear it, and he had all 3 boys (teens now) out there being teenage boys yelling and carrying on.  I didn't get to sleep until pretty late.  

They just don't think there is someone else living here.  Someone who has a schedule, works, needs to sleep.  For instance it is nearly 5 AM.  I am playing my music at the lowest volume setting so I don't bother the people around me; they don't have that consideration.  I have been told by other neighbors they appreciate me being quiet "Unlike that TRASH" (#6).  I was raised to keep it down, don't bother the neighbors.  They just don't have the consideration.  

Ron would say, in Transactional Analysis (Oh how he abused that with me) terms the family is child-dominated and (my take) incapable of empathy.  I remember one time Ron went over there about 2 AM in TEARS BEGGING them to stop or at least turn it down, and the guy said NO and turned it up.  

So when a neighbor says "Don't call the police, if it's too loud (and if they're saying this it will be) just come over and tell me (and I will turn it up and curse you out)" I just call in a noise complaint if needed because I realize they have no consideration.  

There was one house they have been very quiet every night for 20 years save one night.  I told Ron they get a pass.  Turns out it was the night the husband retired.  And they haven't made a peep ever since.  

Now personally I don't mind the noise like Ron did.  If it is too quiet it creeps me out.  I don't mind a LITTLE background noise.  

So work today will be very busy.  I will get through it!  Not going to give it a choice.  I was told last week the team leads got their hours cut (I got more hours this week but no one else did, I haven't said that) so I have no idea who is working today or when they are.  I will have to wait until I log in on the app and then I can "view roster" and see who works when.  It is a little creepy especially if you have stalker issues.  

My hours are pretty set, though, for the next couple weeks.  3 days, 2 nights, every week for 3 weeks.  I need to think do I want to do chocolate again, I need to check and see the weather.  And it's almost time to go so that's it for now!  

No comments: