Saturday, December 9, 2023

Tejocote disappointment

 Well I think I solved part of the allergy problem.  I changed the air filter which was disgusting and I am running the whole house fan for a couple of hours.  It rained, too, which helps clear the air.  

I bought Mom a (inexpensive but she will enjoy greatly) fun gift.  I forgot she is pet sitting and had it shipped to her home.  So she saw it delivered on the Ring and then went to Walmart dot com to see what it was, they said "It's a gift we're not telling" or something like that so now she is eager to get home and see.  Walmart dot com made it very easy I was impressed.  And I get a free "plus" membership with employment so shipping was free AND I got the 10% discount.  

I went to the grocery store today.  I got fruit and vegetables, including something that looked interesting called "Tejocote".  I tried one later it is terrible.  Not bad tasting just very hard and bland.  I will take the rest to work and leave them in the breakroom.  Someone will eat them.  

There are a lot of immigrants who, like me, had early-years food insecurity so they literally cannot pass up free food.  They always bring way more food than they can eat because they worry about getting hungry (I do the same thing) I have learned to recognize them.  Also many have big family style meals a couple of them sitting around a table sharing food.  It's cute.  Maybe they can do something with the Tejocote.  

I am a lot better than I used to be but for a long time I couldn't pass up "free" food without eating it.  Even if I wasn't hungry, even if I wasn't particularly interested.  

Team Leads at work told us our Christmas dinner is going to be catered Italian food.  Last year they gave me a tiny piece of lasagna with no cheese on top.  I think that day I will bring some backup food because I don't want a repeat.  

Back to the store I also got some drink mix, etc.  The bus driver was very nice going home and another lady got off when I did - unusual as it is not a busy stop.  

I warned her about the dog and she said it almost got her one day, too.  She seemed nice and didn't bother me.  Obviously a resident and not just some random weirdo.  

I took a nap when I got home (allergies were pretty bad today) and woke up with Biscuit lying with his head on my foot, it was so cute.  Just when I think he can't get any cuter he does.  

I am terribly allergic to cats, though.  

Hopefully the air filter will help.  I have never done this before.  

I gave Mom access to my Google photos there is nothing "wrong" in them.  There are a few pictures of me in a frisky red dress the store had for Valentine's day but that's it.  Everything is covered.  Mom was interested in Biscuit photos though.  

Some kind of custom gift?  I would LOVE one of those Hawaiian shirts with Biscuit on it, they make them custom.  Or some socks with Cleo.  Even a coffee cup would be fun.  I'm not picky but God knows I love my Biscuit.  

I have been seeing the Gideons do a memorial program where you donate money and they put the deceased's name in a Bible they hand out.  That would be cool too.  In honor of Ron.  

I also did most of the laundry today so I'm happy about that.  

That's it for now.  

Just for fun, photo of me in the red dress back in Feb: 

Sorry, I don't see it now.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've never changed the filter before? It should be changed at least every three months.

Heather Knits said...

I've been here almost 20 years. LOL I hope I changed it!

It had been about 3 months since I changed it. It was plenty gucked up though. I do feel better today.

Anonymous said...

Either you change it every 3 months or you don't. My guess is you havent changed that filter in over a year.

Heather Knits said...

Oh I changed it. I have a whole case of them out in the garage. I get them from Amazon. It's a MERV 11 which is a pretty fine filter that is supposed to get allergens.