Thursday, December 22, 2022

The big chill has arrived

 I got the card and WOW.  That was a very nice surprise!  I loved the card itself too.  It was funny I was debating could I afford to run the space heater and the furnace, I can now!  😂

The weather wasn't too bad to start.  I took my shower, filled up my buckets, made sure the water heater filled up again, cut off the water, let the taps drain, wrapped outside taps.  Got ready for work.  Left the house and caught the first bus OK.  

Second bus was delayed.  I wait along a busy street that intersects with another busy street.  I didn't SEE the wreck but it was there, lots of flashing lights but happily no ambulance.  I could physically SEE the bus stuck behind a barricade just SITTING THERE.  

And I realized I had gotten a little proud lately about my so-called  patience.  But looking at the bus I realized I was not patient.  I was very immature in my head waiting on it.  I told God I was sorry for being impatient and arrogant.  

The bus came eventually and I got to work on time.  I had my snack and started.  It was busy.  Problems with something vital to my job it was frustrating.  I was able to do it but not as well.  

I got my break and lunch OK.  The cold hit during my lunch, I could feel the back area of the store literally chilling down.  I hate to think what it will be like tonight.  

I was very glad I had cut off my water even though most of my coworkers believed A.  They didn't need to do anything or B. Just run the faucet a little.  But I heard from 3 other co workers who ran the faucet last time and had major pipe breaks so I am sticking with my dry taps.  I will be fine.  

Jack got me and wanted to go to Arbys.  Sometimes he likes to get food when he picks me up, probably the only time he left the house all day.  Of course I said that was fine.  We got his Wagu thing and he dropped me at home, I checked the mail (!) glad I did.  

I'm going to bed early.  

No comments: