Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Wednesday night

 I met a young man at the bus stop today, he was I would say late 20's, worked a steady job, had 3 kids.  We chatted and I gave him some candy with a booklet.  

That could not have happened if I had a "good" mother.  If I'd had a "good" mother (like my cousins' wives who won't touch anything suspect when pregnant) I would be a totally different person, probably pretty shallow, on the Beltway in my car to work every day.  I would not be sitting at a bus stop in a marginal neighborhood with a cold tote full of ham, with a sack full of candy with Scripture booklets at my side.  

God works it all for good.  Sometimes I see it; sometimes I don't.  Today I saw it.  And I hope I did plant a seed.  The fact that I saw him as a person and treated him with respect will affect how he views the booklet.  

I need to get back to the dishes.  I did get all the paint cans out of the garage and into the house.  I don't need frozen paint.  Not at what it costs!  I also bagged up the chicken leg quarters, put most in the freezer in sets of 2, put one set in the fridge.  I just need to cook it by the 26th.  I washed up very well afterward including my hands and arms, the outsides of the bags.  Took the icky chicken bag out to the trash, which never came.  But when that happens they come Thursday.  

I need to scoop the litter too while I am thinking about it... that's all done.  I did the litter, brought in the paint, and a case of water I found in the garage, did most of the dishes (the "urgent" ones) got the chicken sorted and washed up.  Topped off cat water bowls and did the litter boxes.  I don't need to do laundry.  Got my cold winter clothes out.  

Now I am going to bed.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God did not make you disabled so you could be a witness. Why do you think having a decent mother would mean you would gave grown up shallow? We are who we are. There are plenty of poor shallow people. Your thinking on this is pretty warped. Thats like saying it is good a child grows up being physically abused so they know what empathy is. No it doesnt work that way.