Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Early Tuesday

 I slept great. I will probably need to take some covers off the bed today but I have been very cozy in it the last week.  I had literally every blanket but two on the bed,and I have a lot of blankets.  One was an afghan I made that is 30 years old, on the back of the couch.  The other was a fleece blanket on the bed in Ron's room,because some of my cats are jerks and won't let Spotty in the bed. I wanted him to have a warm blanket. 

I weighed myself, up to 187. I will need to work on that. Low carb, high fat, eating will do it for sure.  I just need to be diligent. I made some chicken in red wine with some chicken leg quarters last night.  I can eat that today and tomorrow: just chicken,broth, seasonings, red wine. The leg quarters had a lot of meat on them. 

Of course I had to get a 10 pound bag so I have a freezer full of chicken leg quarters.  It is still pretty cold this morning but once it warms up it will be nice for a week or so. I might also make some chicken soup as well. That would be nice for work. 

Speaking of work I only have 3 days starting tomorrow and then the weekend (?!) off?  That never happens in retail. Never.  It makes me a little nervous having weekends off. But I will manage. Only bad thing stores will be busier and Post Office will be closed so it will be awhile before I can mail Mom's present. 

One thing I got for Christmas was a lace sweater that has to be hand washed.  Not a problem.  So I spread a towel on the foot of my bed for it to dry because I can't hang it and I don't have one of those racks.  Spotty loved the towel and has been sleeping on it the last few days so I guess the towel is staying (sweater is dried and put away). It is on the footlocker by my bed, just at the foot.  Not ON the bed (because Cleo and Biscuit are jerks) but right next to it so he can be close to the heater vent and me. In that order I am sure.  That is fine I don't care. As long as Spotty is happy.  He is an equal member of the house even though he seems to be low man right now. 

I need to take a shower, get dressed,look at my clothes and do I need to wash them (do need to wash work vest it is a little grubby), do my God Time, head out to grocery store. I may run by Kroger and get a special flavor Gatorade for my tech support guy it has been a few weeks.  Gift giving is a language of mine. 

I am thinking about making fun little Valentines for some of my cowokers I think that would be a lot of fun. Some chocolate and a little note, a box of those conversation hearts.  

I will tell you a story of the conversation hearts. When I was in youth group at church as a teen we had a guy in the group.  He was a year younger than me. He had thinning hair even as a teen but what he had was a nice brown, he was a white guy, had a little pot belly and bad knees even as a teen (Imagine him now!) but I adored him. He was very kind,smart, loyal.  

I gave him a note letting him know I was interested but his mother had Big Plans for him that didn't involve an emotionally unstable teenager having difficulty in school. I forgot to mention he was incredibly smart with straight A's. So we never took off but I saw him every week in youth group.  I used to sit next to him in the prayer circle so he could hold my hand. 

There was a big church split but right before my parents left we had Valentine's day. Remember I did not drive so I could not get back to this church. Anyway he took me aside as I was leaving and gave me a card.  It was a love note with a conversation heart "Be Mine" taped in it!  

AND I DIDN'T SEE HIM FOR A YEAR AND A HALF!  

In the meantime I met Ron and as we say the rest is history. My brother took me back once about a year later and he was still there (Chris,not Ron).  I was sitting on the couch when he came in and he ran over and sat next to me. Asked me out after church.  But I had already found someone so I declined. 

So I think about all that every Valentine's day. I do love those hearts and will enjoy handing them out. 

When I think about him I think of him happily married, surrounded by kids and maybe a grand child or two, a couple of dogs running around, a happy life. That's what I want for him. 

I tried to look him up but could not find him. So I left it alone. I wish him well. 

Chocolate is a migraine trigger for me (a bad one) so I will not be tempted by any of that this Valentine's. I might eat a little box of the hearts,though. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: