Thursday, December 22, 2022

Thursday morning

 I got up early and filled some buckets, etc. so I can cut off the water.  Took a nice long hot shower.  Got dressed, 2 pairs of thermals.  One pair that fits now and one pair that's a 2 x and had plenty of room even over the other thermals.  Then a thermal top and my hoodie.  I will be wearing my Land's End coat so I should be OK.  I just need to find my wool hat.  I did that.  

I am taking a break and then I'll cut the water, wrap the outside pipes.  I have plenty of water stored, definitely enough for a few days.  I just need to see if they have more cat food.  I have enough for a while but I prefer a little extra.  

I slept pretty well last night that was nice.  I have a lot of blankets on my bed so it's nice and toasty, I like heavy covers but not really into "weighted blankets"


My computer is messing up I'm going to restart it.  

Did that, hopefully it behaves now.  I was streaming music on the desktop (this computer) last night and I think it was too much for the poor thing.  It gets very sluggish when I do that, I think I need more RAM.  

The trash pickup came, I put the can away and washed my hands while I could.  I plan to "do" the water shortly, cut off water, run taps until they're dry, wrap outside hose things.  Ron's Dad called them the "hydrants".  

It's all done... I am a little concerned about the weather because there is some drizzle.  If it's still drizzling when the cold front hits we will have ice and a lot of accidents.  

I wasn't too warm in all my layers which bodes well for work, although work was running the AC the other day when it was cold out.  The employees were NOT happy.  

That's it for now, I will post when I get home if I have power.  

No comments: