Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday morning

 Yesterday was fine but busy.  I got my lunch late but that was OK.  At home I am trying to get ready for the cold weather coming next week.  This week.  Rain on Monday, deep freeze Wednesday night for a couple days if I am not mistaken.  I will have to turn off the water; we may also lose electricity.  Just like a few years ago.  

I remind myself t his time I will not have crushing anxiety over Ron.  It's just me and the cats but getting to work may be an issue.  And no water and possibly no heat/electric is always a big deal.  

But it may be nothing we will just have to see.  I know God has me.  It looks like Thursday night and Friday night are the bad ones.  Plan is take a shower Thursday night, cut off the water and turn it back on Saturday morning.  

Speaking of showers...

 All done made my lunch as well.  I am just doing a can of chili with some cheese.  It worked fine yesterday.  

The heater is running a lot I am a little worried about the utility bill.  And I figured out my transportation for the next pay period, how much I have to budget for rides.  I plan to get a ride on Friday morning if possible because I really don't want to take the bus if it is 20 degrees F out.  That just doesn't seem like a good time.  I always budget a little for "bad weather" and if that sort of thing is NOT I don't know what is.  And I only answer to myself on that.  

Enough about the weather.  I saw the cats this morning, Biscuit and Spotty gave me some love.  Cleo is acting a little skittish today.  I am glad they can stay inside, I have nice fleece blankets on the bed although they have been sleeping in my jeans drawer lately.  I discovered one pair has a stain on it and two are starting to get baggy.  I may need, in a few weeks, to try on some 14's at work and maybe buy one if needed.  

I think it helps I am pretty active at work.  That helps me burn more calories even Carb Manager says a standing job burns about 1,500 calories for an 8 hour shift.  That's a lot of food, I don't eat t hat.  

Speaking of food I need to get some more Walnuts and cheese, I am also thinking to get some thermals if they still have some left in my size.  I do have some that are 2x and are baggy but I would rather not wear that if possible.  We will see.  

That's it for now, I am off tomorrow so for sure posting tonight.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you have ti turn off the water heater?

Heather Knits said...

Water heater will be fine it has a nice gas flame.

The pipes are mainly in the attic which is not insulated. There is "some" insulation on the pipes themselves but that much? I am not sure. So I will cut off the water where it comes into the house. I would rather skip a shower Friday morning than risk having my pipes freeze.

If you read the blog a few years ago you know a broken pipe is no joke!