Sunday, December 25, 2022

A whole lot of pictures

 The neighbor did not have a big party.  I heard some voices outside but not for very long. 

I slept great.  Woke up with a headache but it is gone. I had some excitement turning on the water this morning.  I could not get a good angle and I had to clean out all the dish soap and cleaning products to get under there and get a good angle.  I was freaking out thinking it had frozen!  Glad I was wrong!  

I ran the water for a minute from the taps and that went well. Yesterday the toilet monster got me.  

When I was a toddler my mother was incapable of caring for me.  I have heard a story CPS had to get involved; I don't know.  I do know my Dad put me in daycare which at the time was a pretty radical move for a stay at home Mom but she couldn't Mom. 

So one day in daycare I was trapped in a stall with a flooding toilet and since then I am leery of them.  I feel they can be unpredictable.   I don't trust them,I give them the side eye every time I flush.  Ron called it the toilet monster he really got me on many levels.  

So,yesterday, I went to flush and the toilet made the most awful noises as the air got out of the supply line.  It was ghastly,it sounded like the toilet was going to blow up! Today it was washing my hands.  That's the only thing I don't like about turning off my water.  

So I "opened" my thrift store goodies. 

I got 11 tops and 5 pants. 

You were warned.  

I just don't take selfies and I don't have a full length mirror so I did my best.  

This is a work brand blouse I always liked it when we had it and coveted it when I walked by.  

Sexy red!  It is a synthetic fabric with a little gathering at the neckline. 






This is a dressier pullover I can wear with the dress pants further down.  

A nice basic teal I can wear to work, on my day off, etc. 
Jeggings!  In khaki. 
Color didn't show well but these are a cobalt blue.  Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda cut.  Size 14.  Fits but snug I will wait a few pounds.  
The dressy slacks.  

These are a basic pull on work pant. 

Aqua jeans!  Love them! Don't fit yet.  

 
I also got a nice purple robe from my aunt as well as a larger red crock pot (love red appliances) and some underwear you can bet I will be wearing. 

That's it for now. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like everything except for the teal shirt it's too masculine looking. Have u considered dyeing your hair? Too much white in the front and the pulled back look ages you a lot. I still love when you had your shorter bob style. Face framing kayers would do wonders for you. Next time aunt comes have her take you for a cut and style. Why gave cute clothes if yiur hair style dates you and makes you look old and frumpy?

Heather Knits said...

Well part of it Ron always liked my hair long so I am reluctant to cut it.

Coloring takes a lot of work/money to keep it up. Same with a shorter cut. I need to decide if i want to commit to that just yet.

Right now I just wash it and brush it, pull it back, that is easy no matter how depressed I am. That has a lot of appeal.

Anonymous said...

Ron was blind. He had no idea what your hair looked like.

Anonymous said...

The dressier pullover is very flattering.

Heather Knits said...

Ron liked to play with my hair.

Anonymous said...

Well he's not anymore.

Heather Knits said...

Yes thank you for reminding me my husband is dead. I don't know much about what men find attractive but I believe they prefer long hair, so that will be a factor as I move forward if I do want to consider dating and remarriage one day.