Monday, December 19, 2022

Monday morning

 I couldn't sleep so I got up.  I was cold so I got out my "little" 200 W heater from the garage and put it in  the house by my feet when I'm on the computer.  It is nice and toasty and should keep my bills down.  

My aunt said she is coming today so that will be fun.  I need to clean up but I have plenty of time.  She won't be out for about 12 hours or so.  

I think I am going to try to go back to sleep.   I did for a while but have a headache I am battling.  

I need to clean the litter box.  That is next.  Then a shower, and the dishes.  That is all  the work I have planned for the day aside from laundry which I don't consider as work.  

Work was our first place, the landlord said Ron and I could use his washer, but after I moved in he said we had to go to the laundromat.  Ron was pissed but it was a landlord's market.  So we put the clothes in trash bags, walked a mile to the bus stop, rode the bus a few miles, got off, crossed 2 streets to the laundromat.  Used the services and did the whole thing in reverse.  It was a pain bringing Ron's dress shirts home.  It didn't matter if we had them wadded up in a bag on the way there but it was a big hassle getting it all home.  We would bring hangers and hang them on a backpack Ron wore.  

That lasted a year then it was dubious apartment facilities for the next 10 years or so, including the one with the panty thief.  Ron would have to wait in the laundry room when I did my underwear.  Don't guys like that grow up to be rapists?  If I could do it again I would report it to the police.  

You can imagine my joy when Ron bought me my first washer and dryer.  This is not "hard".  I've done "hard" laundry.  It is also nice to only save my quarters for the vending machine at work.  

I need to get going on the litter boxes.  Got them going all 3.  They only like 3 although I have 4.  When Ron was alive I had 5, one in his room, one in mine, one in orange room and 2 in front room.  I took his out but have the rest even though they don't use the one in my room; it's there and they really should have one for each cat + 1.  So I do.  They are all done up.  I am burning a nice lilac candle.  

I cleaned up the "guest couch" so it is nice and ready to go.  I need to take a shower and then do dishes and I'm done.  The house isn't perfect but it's a lot more guest ready now.  

That's it for now, more later.  

No comments: