Friday, December 23, 2022

Friday morning

 Well the night went OK, slept great.  A little worried someone on an online forum said pipes can still freeze even if you drain them.  I hope not.  Maybe I need to turn up my heater a little.  

That's the bad thing about having to work at Walmart I have to leave the house so I can't leave a space heater running under the sink, for instance, like I did last time when we did have power.  

And let's hear it for the power company.  I am sure the managers were up all night drinking red bulls and hot coffee but they did it.  Way to go.  That made my night a lot better.  

Work today, 1:30-8:30, I can do that.  I hope that one issue is fixed that would make my life a lot easier.  We will see.  

I am leaving the water off until Sunday.  I think this is "better" than last time because 1.  We have steady power so far unlike last time; 2. Not as much wind as last time; 3.  No wintry precipitation like last time.  I think these cold blasts are just going to be the wave of the future but we will see.  

Interesting, my contractor neighbor is leaving.  To work or to pick up something?  Feels like 2 degrees out there with the wind chill, I would think it's too cold to work outside.  Especially as he uses guys of dubious immigration status who assuredly do not have good winter clothes.  

Last night everyone was looking at the coats and thermals; the time to look at all that is when we had it a week ago and the forecast had just come out.  I, myself, went and bought some thermals before we had the big rush on them.  But the last time I took someone over there they were all picked over and looked really bad.  

I need to get ready.  Feeling bloated and up a couple pounds so I need to figure out what will fit.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: