Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Wednesday morning

 I slept OK I just felt like I didn't get enough.  Cleo is adorable in bed she gets up with me meowing and butting her head into my hand.  This from the cat who ran away from me as I held a plate of food.  Who would "flinch and flee" if I did manage to touch her.  Now she is a cuddly little thing always shoving her butt in my face.  God worked on her; showed her I was OK.  Ron coaxed her with petting and treats.  And one day I had this awesome little cat (not so little) climbing up with me on the couch.  

Biscuit was also in the bed although I almost had to name him "Pancake" as I nearly flattened him when I rolled over.  Spotty was on the floor when I got up.  And the brown girls showed up when I headed to the food bowl.  That is my first stop every day, food bowl.  Once I manage that I take care of bathroom, scale, etc.  

I checked my email I got about $10 more pay than I was expecting.  I won't argue with it.  I got enough cash I can cover rides, and yesterday I got my bigger credit card.  I turned that on although I don't plan to use it for incidentals.  I might use it at Ikea, for instance.  I would like to get 2 "Pello" chairs, one for Ron's room and one for the orange room.  Dad wants to buy one of them; I can get the other.  

I am seeing some shortages so I may check for those items daily at work (ones I can fit in my bag) and grab them as they become available.  Like tampons, for instance, they had a real lack of them for a while.  For some reason they didn't have any "super plus".  Pads, breakfast bars, etc.  Keep an eye on the cat food and get that when I travel with Jack (won't fit in my bag).  I have a decent amount of coffee, enough for a month or so.  I can just keep that topped off.  I like the decaf mixed with some other leaded coffee.  I use 5 tablespoons a day when I do that.  

I won't be getting more mate chai there is no definite way to determine how much caffeine I am getting and I need a solid number.  My coffee routine in the morning is 200 mg, solid.  No questions.  I know how much "more" caffeine I can have.  Not so with the mate and I have had a restless night or two out of that.

I am good on most of my vitamins.  I do plan to get 2 pair (different colors) of the No Boundaries jeans in a 19 because that will be my next size down.  Then I am set for months.  I have a decent amount of socks and underwear not worried about that either.  

And an oversized t-shirt is not out of line, I have time to pick some more up.  I would like to get some in cream but haven't seen any at the store.  And do I want to get them online?  Mah.  Not sure.  One thing I did years ago I bought a couple multi packs of black pocket t-shirts.  I still have most of those.  I got them in the men's department.  Most of those are a 2x so fit great.  

Happily there isn't much I "need".  I do plan to get the 2 chairs, and when I fix up Ron's room get some curtains in there, too, on a nice rod (I think altogether will be around $60), a new door for Ron's room, a ceiling fixture (hanging) above my kitchen table.  

Out of house things maybe some tops I will have to take a hard look at my clothes and do I want to retire the 3x?  If I do I could use some more stuff.  If not yet then no rush.  I would like another couple of bags of cat food for obvious reasons.  And a new hose sprayer thing mine is broken and very old.  But not much.  

When I get Ron's money I plan to sock it into savings taking maybe $100 to get fun stuff for me.  Tax refund new glasses for me, fine print is getting a little fine for me.  That will be about $200-300 out of $500 so the rest goes into savings.  

One thing I went ahead and did now: I bought some safety lights for "running" I can put those on me and my bag when I am going to work in the dark after daylight savings ends.  They charge on a USB.  They are small enough to fit in my bag and have steady or strobe settings.  It will also make it easier for that first bus to see me.  I can't think of a single reason why I wouldn't want that.  I KNOW cars are reckless in Houston, it is only smart to do this.  

I don't worry about getting run over and killed, after all, I'll be dead, hanging out with Ron in my heavenly mansion.  It's getting half killed that scares me, no offense Ron but ending up like him in agonizing daily pain for decades.  That just sounds hideous.  If I can avoid that with a clip on light and a little extra work in my daily commute I will do that.  

I am still going to the traffic light on the bus, then crossing and catching the "usual" bus to work vs. running out into traffic with no light or crosswalk.  I feel much safer going this way.  Yes, it is a PITA, adds more time, more time standing on my feet, but I'm still standing.  

The internet company said they will be cutting my service at 7 am to do upgrades, one reason I got up earlier today.  So that's it for now.    

No comments: