Thursday, October 28, 2021

Thursday morning

 After death, a lot of times the survivor focuses on seemingly odd things.  "I want Mom's old mixing bowl" and will go to the MAT to fight for it.  I was determined to keep Ron's family away from my grief process after they toyed with me, and did that.  Had they been decent I might have even given them a "mini urn" with some of Ron's ashes to keep or sprinkle as they chose.  

Anyway, one thing I had in my head I had to get Ron off the voter rolls.  My aunt found that about impossible, the only way to do that was to fill out a form and mail the death certificate.  We didn't want to do that, so it looked like she would have to go downtown (!) and go to an office to get him finished.  

I just couldn't stand the thought of someone voting under his name.  Voting together is a very happy memory for me, that's probably why.  

So, anyway, my aunt ran into a bigwig in the Party and brought up this tale, the woman had an app.  She was able to look and Ron is not on the rolls, just Ronald Jerome (the guy with a criminal record).  They also looked it up by address, I am the only registered voter.  So, good, that's done.  I know it wasn't rational but my aunt was very accommodating.  So was the other lady.  

I got caught in the rain, severe weather at that, on my way to work yesterday.  Yes, I had my poncho.  Yes, I still got soaked.  Not a fun ride.  I resolved to take a ride home and I did that.  I was cold when I got to work so I bought a sweatshirt, which was a little big.  So apparently a 2X is a little large now?  I know the sweatshirts are supposed to be oversized so we will see.  The sweatshirt WAS very cozy.  I won't return it because I took all the tags off and wore it all day.  

I finished work and took the cab home, nice solid ride.  I talked to my aunt for a bit.  She told me we are on the docket next week for Ron's will stuff.  The will was done up by a lawyer, notarized, etc. so should be no problems.  I never dreamed we would need it so soon.  But I'm glad he had the rectal bleeding 6 years ago so we settled that.  

So I am getting a ride home tonight and tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday.  I can afford it I am thrifty.  Sunday I have to be home for the kids that is a huge evangelism thing for me.  Monday after 6 days working in a row?  Everyone at work, when they hear that, makes a face and goes EW.  But for the next couple weeks after this one it is just Thursday to Monday only.  No more Wednesdays which have been a PITA.  (not that I have complained except here and just now)   Tonight and tomorrow night I get off late.  

Dad says they are going to send me a gift card if I get below 200 pounds.  😂  I admit I can be bribed, solidly 209 this morning so shouldn't be too long.  I also lost a couple of inches since the last time I measured about 2-3 weeks ago.  

When I wanted chips after work yesterday, I went and got the 50 cent one ounce bags.  I did not buy a 5 ounce and eat the whole thing at once.  I am pleased I am making "good calls" like that.  I also had a protein shake for dinner because my body needs protein to function and stay healthy.  

Really if I could give you advice it would be watch your portion sizes, get as much protein as you can, and carbs in moderation.  I have a loaf of bread in the fridge I have just not eaten.  Not interested.  I have rice I don't cook, etc.  This is working the best for me.  Don't get me wrong, I had insane, dramatic, losses with Keto/Low Carb diets but I couldn't maintain them long term.  This way I can have one of those little pecan pies (the mini size for 50 cents) if I want one before I start work.  Or a hamburger on a bun my other source of carbs.  But I am just not interested in the fries anymore.  I eat a lot of processed foods, but if the lasagna says 2 servings I make it 2 servings.  It is working and I don't have to overthink it.  

The cats are good, someone was vomiting this morning before I got up, not sure who.  Biscuit is sort of a bulimic so it could be him.  Or one of the other cats.  I didn't see anything notable in the puke and everyone was very social and interested in breakfast.  More importantly, everyone ate and no one got sick again.  So I am not worried.  

That's it for now, I will keep you posted on how work goes tonight.  I will probably not post when I get home but you never know.  

No comments: