Monday, October 4, 2021

Monday

 Today wasn't bad but it was hard... hard enough I am listening to Eminem.  

So I got about the amount of sleep I needed, that went OK.  Got up and my phone hadn't charged, plugged it back in (probably cats) and it did get to 100% before I left.  Brought my protein shake good thing I needed it...got dressed in my purple tshirt and jeans.  

The jeans are baggy enough I am retiring them once I wash them.  I may need to shop for some new smaller jeans pretty soon although I still have 3 pair.  

Had my shower.  Left the house at 6:35.  Buses leave about 6:50 and 7:20.  It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the bus stop (I walk fast but I don't rush).  I got to the street and it was hell.  Cars, trucks, SUV's, Big Rigs, all flying down the street at 50 miles an hour.  It was insane.  It was dark.  I was aghast.  

I prayed and watched the traffic carefully and managed to get across alive.  But I don't want to do that again.  So.  The subdivision is on the southbound side of the street.  The bus stop to go to work is on the north side.  So I am thinking to take the bus (about :35 after the hour and then about :05 after) south to the next stop, which is at a light.  I believe that light has a crosswalk and the button to make the cars stop, etc.  THAT I could do.  But the jaywalking?!  No.  

To clarify.  Go out to southbound stop.  Catch bus and ride one stop, cross both streets and wait at bus stop.  Bonus: no creepy woods behind me like the other bus stop.  Catch regular northbound bus as scheduled.  I think that will work; just take a little more time but I will be safe.  

That obstacle overcome I got to work fine.  My temperature was low, as it nearly always comes back.  I got in, got a soda, sat down and had my protein shake.  

Work itself was very busy I am definitely earning the $13 an hour.  I was happy to clock out.  

I had been thinking about going to the taco truck after work.  I remembered the tacos as being very tender and smoky flavored meat.  I thought about the long lines every time we go by at night must mean the food is still pretty good.  But I was tired and did not want to walk.  

So I just called Jack and asked for a ride home.  We talked a little and he offered (I didn't ask) to take me to the taco truck even though I warned him they're a little slow.  He waited very patiently while I bought an enormous quesadilla and a Jamaica that was awesome.  He's getting a big crown in heaven.  

So I came home and ate half of the quesadilla, it was as good as I remembered.  I drank the Jamaica and it was delicious.  It is an ethnic drink basically Red Zinger tea for the tea lovers.  They both use Hibiscus blossoms in an infusion.  It is served over ice.  Very good and a unique good flavor.  

Jamaica tea is also proven to help lower blood pressure.  Not that I have any issues but it sure couldn't hurt.  

I took a nap with a few cats, I wasn't sure who as I had my glasses off and the room was dark.  I know I had Torbie, Cleo, and Biscuit maybe another one or two.  I got up at 6 and called my parents.  They are doing well.  

I am glad they are so spry I am not ready for feeble loved ones again.  I also talked to my aunt a couple times today she is doing well.  

I will be seeing her Wednesday so I will be taking it easy tomorrow.  Plan is to go to bed early and get up as late as I can.  I can get a headache if I sleep too long.  

I am washing the jeans I wore this week, then I will be retiring the 22 W to the garage with the other big clothes.  My aunt talked me into getting the cat hair dryer sheets that prevent cat hair from sticking to your clothes.  Supposed to work on all pet hair but I only have the cats.  

Tomorrow I will have a little fashion show in my bedroom and see what other jeans may need to retire.  That's going to influence if I get new jeans when I go shopping Wednesday.  I am not really picky about jeans, no holes, dark wash, bootcut, decent pockets.  I can find something that will work.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: