Saturday, October 9, 2021

Saturday

 I forget where I left off.  Work has been OK; but like I addressed in a comment there is a negativity in my department, lots of complaining, lots of gossip.  They talk so much trash to me about other people and I just KNOW they are turning back around and talking worse about me to the person they were maligning.  It is a little tiresome but we had this at the Post Office and in the Blind Vendor program so I should not be surprised.  

My job is to figure out how to be a light without being that annoyingly cheerful person everyone wants to slap!  😂  All this as I battle depression.  I am trusting God will lead me; a LOT in my Bible Study lately about being meek, not answering back when wronged, etc.  He will help me figure it out.  

Enough about that.  So, I changed my bus route going both ways.  Going to work I now go one stop the other way to a traffic light and cross, then take two buses to work the way I used to.  Cars on my main road are just more and more reckless and I have major anxiety about setting foot in that street.  Happy with that, but it's new and I will feel better once I build a routine.  

Coming home I don't take the 3 buses one after another and then run across that same street to get home, I cross one busy street at work (traffic light) only, then 2 buses to get home.  I only cross the one street.  I am not 100% confident on any of this yet but I am getting there.  

Also of note, did not tell my parents about this, a very drunk woman at the bus stop, dressed in men's underwear (with the pouch and everything), and wearing little footie socks lunged up to the bus bench at the transit center.  It is a long bench maybe 10 feet?  She had a bottle of orange juice in her hand, she took the cap off and sprinkled it all down the bench.  I would have jumped up but she stopped and staggered off before she got to me.  Metro Bus has a police department, they need to detail an officer to stand at the transit center during operating hours.  That would cut down a lot of these shenanigans.  It was pretty early morning maybe 8?  

Other than that transit has been unremarkable.  Work was fine I am looking forward to that check, assuming my raise went through.  It would be almost $600.  We will see.  That may not be much to you but at the end of the vending business we were lucky to make that in a month of very hard work.  

My weight is pretty steady around 213 but my cycle is due in about a week.  So that is OK.  I am not gaining that's the important part.  Taking all my meds as directed like a good girl.  Mood has been OK considering.  

The cats are good, I opened a few windows when I got home and we are all enjoying the fresh air.  

I made a shake for dinner, soy milk,  yogurt (I can't do cow's milk but I am OK with yogurt), protein powder (hemp), collagen powder, and some instant decaf coffee.  It was pretty good, cleanup was easy, loads of protein.  I need to go to bed pretty quick but wanted to give you an update.  

Tomorrow I work 4 hours and done for 2 days.  I will look forward to that.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a Walmart closer to you which you could transfer to eventually? Over all you seem too be doing very well, but I can't help but think a shorter commute would be less stressful.

Barbara

Heather Knits said...

There is one slightly closer but it is impossible to get to, safely, on foot. Besides I am OK at this store I shopped here for years so they remember Ron.

Commute for me is a little off the norm. Time spent traveling is not time spent at home feeling sorry for myself. So it's longer but that isn't necessarily bad. I pay for a ride home if I have a very long day at work, it's late at night, or when it's my "Friday" (for instance tonight, I have the next 2 days off).