Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sunday morning

 Had an oops with the alarm.  Had set it for 5:30 PM.  Work starts at 11 AM so I got up late; called the cab driver buddy who can help.  

Times like this I figure something BAD, drunk driver, creep at bus stop, someone sick on bus, so God sent me to work another way.  I can afford it I am just cheap.  I work today, tomorrow and then 2 days off in a row which is very nice and seems to be the Holy Grail of Walmart workers.  

Overall I am pretty happy with the schedule it is fine, and they didn't cut my hours after giving me the raise as some employees had feared.  Not mine at any rate.  

The Degree Motionsense gardenia deodorant (tried it on a day off to make sure it worked) is good, I do that and the Secret Outlast in rose (not at the same time), sometimes the Arm and Hammer ultra max in the unscented.  Very rarely Arm and Hammer ultra max in Active Sport which I bought for Ron last year and he hated.  I didn't want to return used deodorant so I kept it for myself.  Generally I do not wear perfume.  I can be sensitive to fragrance if I have a headache.  I like fragrance and enjoy things like plug ins.  I just sprayed my vest with the febreeze for fabrics so it will stay fresh.  But perfume can be tricky.  

I do have some, a couple of cheap roll-ons, some white musk spray, and a big bottle of Tea Rose I have had for 20 years now.  My grandmother wore it and I always liked it so I got it for myself.  Problem is it can be a trigger for my aunt (memories/sad) so I don't wear it around her.  She said it was very hard smelling the perfume on the mattress when they got rid of it.  I also have a bottle of "imposter" "Red" which is nice on occasion.  Ron used to like that on me.  But I don't think it would pair with my gardenia deodorant, the white musk does nicely though so I will probably do a shot of that.  

I had no problem buying most of my perfume online, over the years.  I bought everything but the white musk actually.  That was in the travel section (very small spray bottle) for 99 cents.  

I think I will work on making the list of what I would like in a guy just to get it out and make sure it's out there for accountability when I do meet someone.  I will have the non negotiable ones and the ones that I'm flexible like left handed (I always liked left handed guys).  Things I am OK with like a bald spot and a moderate "chub".  Things I will not tolerate.  Like a cat hater.  

That said I have Jesus who is all the man I need.  I just miss getting a hug or holding hands.  It is still hard to see happy couples at work.  

Speaking of cats Torbie was a little extortionist.  I have a small table designed to be used outside, a comfortable folding chair with a plump cushion.  It is a good setup for my computer, I did a thing about it about 2 years ago.  I have headache pills, immune vitamins, a bottle of sand from Galveston with my name on it (a gift), and a notebook I use as a mouse pad.  The CPU is next to it on a milk crate turned upside down, power strip is with it.  Recycle is under the table.  In front of the milk crate I have my printer, covered with a blanket because the cats like to sleep on it, close to me while I am on computer and out of the way.  

Torbie wanted treats, so she kept pawing at me.  I said no.  She got up on the desk and started walking around.  I did the rubbing fingers together thing over the printer and she went back so I gave her treats.  And then Baby Girl showed up.  So she got treats too.  Torbie is sleeping now on the printer.  

I don't print much so this setup works.  Speaking of setup that was a chore getting the printer set up.  Glad that is over.  I have a computer guy (happily have not needed him) I can get out for next time if I need it.  But he sold me (Ron, actually, last year) this computer.  

I suppose I could just use Ron's computer if this one died, I didn't think of that.  I did keep it and it was pretty good.  I will consider that.  

Biscuit is happy, the cats are all fed.  I have to leave in about an hour.  So not a bad day just a challenging start.  

Happily I did still have enough time to get ready.  And lesson learned, get up with the alarm, set phone where I can't reach it until I get up and move.  

I hope you are having a good one.  


No comments: