Monday, October 18, 2021

Sunday and a little bit of Monday

 My trusty old hoodie was way too baggy on me.  You could have fit a basketball in it.  As a result, I had a very unpleasant draft at the bus stop BUT the bus drivers (first three) cranked the heater and they have some good heaters.  I bought a new hoodie, one that fits, and have it in the wash right now.  I will hang onto the old one I can use it to balance the washer every time I wash the new hoodie.  

Work was fine.    

[Next day]  I slept OK and ready to go for today, and then 2 days off.  I will be leaving early enough I will need my reflective vest but I always carry that in my bag.  My jeans pockets are getting progressively smaller with every new pair so I am going to make a lanyard cell phone holder the next day or two, I do need to get some supplies for it before work today.  

I didn't drink diet soda, I had coffee on a timer.  I only had 2 T regular coffee in with the decaf when I did the grounds and it tasted fine and woke me up.  I think I will just do this from now on because it is a big hassle fetching the soda, bringing it home, etc.  I can easily bring a can of coffee home on the bus if it came to it.  And the store always has coffee.  

The cats are good.  They have taken over the wooden loveseat (wood frame with cushions) so I had to use the other couch which I find less comfortable.  The heater is running and the house is nice and warm.  I got the heater I used to use in Ron's room and I think it is broken, it kept going on and off repeatedly within a second or two.  On for a second, off for a while, on for a second... it was doing that last year.  I will at least put it back in the garage and get the other heater.  I like to use that in the bathroom because freshly showered it gets chilly!  Then I can unplug it until the next day.  

I was really happy my coffee pot timer worked so well.  It is very similar to my lamp timer.  You set the time and tell it when you want it on/off and it does it.  Although I forgot about the lamp timer and it came on last night after I went to bed.  Not fun.  

But if that's the worst problem I am doing well.  I have to get ready to go, that's it for now.  

No comments: