Saturday, October 16, 2021

Saturday evening

 Sometimes I feel like getting to work is a job in itself.  I only got 4 hour's sleep last night, I kept falling asleep on the bus.  I resolved to take a cab home as I didn't want to fall asleep on my ride home and end up downtown.  Got to work.  

I bought a jar of whey protein isolate and had enough cash left to buy the pair of leggings ($4) I had been eyeing.  They are really cute a black, hot pink, and white plaid.  I will have my aunt take a photo when I see her.  

My former boss (unclear if still my boss or just "a" boss now) asked me some questions about my shift today.  I started, stayed busy.  A regional manager was coming by to do an inspection so the team leads (middle managers) were all frantic.  

I worked 3 hours straight.  Someone else comes in at 2 and supposed to give me a break, she said "Oh I forgot something" and ran off to the back for 10 minutes.  This is where I remind you I'm on my period and had not peed in 3 hours.  My immediate supervisor (one of them) came by and asked where she was, I said I didn't know and repeated what the other girl had said.  My boss was so disgusted she told me to go, she would cover my position until X got back.  

When I got to the back X wasn't anywhere near where she said she'd be, saw me, scowled, "What are you doing back here?" but ran off pretty quick when I told her "Supervisor told me to take my break and is waiting for you".  

Every time that supervisor came by I was working hard.  And it is that way every time.  So I think she respects that.  One thing I do hear the managers discuss freely it is hard to find an employee who comes in and does her job without running off, slacking, gossiping with friends, etc.  The managers resent having to chase down wayward employees and scold them.  

I am getting paid to work, so I do that.  I am quite happy being a lowly Associate (bottom of the food chain) because I could walk out of there at 3 and immediately forget about my job.  They have been loaning me out to another department so who knows what will happen there.  If they tell me to go do something I do it.  

So that was work.  Then I went home, did some chores (I couldn't take out the trash at 7 AM on a weekend, that is too early for neighbors sleeping late).  I took a nap with Biscuit.  I got up, ate, took my pills.  I washed my new leggings and the jeans I had been wearing to work.  I hung up the leggings (don't take long to dry) and the jeans are still in the dryer.  I have to hang all that up when it's done and then I am finished with housework for the night.  

My jeans are starting to get baggy in the butt.  I will be curious to see if the next pair are also baggy or just the one.  Work has plenty of jeans if I need to size down.  But I think what I've got should be good for another month at least.  

I do know I will be looking at pockets when I buy my next pair because I carry a lot in my pockets, especially during my period.  I like a dark wash, no hole, straight leg to flare (no skinny cut) with decent pockets.  I also have a short inseam so that is a factor.  But I think I will find it easier to find clothes as I lose weight.  

I am tired I think I will go to bed REALLY early.  

No comments: