Saturday, October 30, 2021

Saturday

 I think I am pretty level.  And I am not upset but a little - what?  Taken aback I guess.  

The store has been very busy this weekend.  I was very, very, busy all day.  My four hour shift felt like 16.  I did everything I was assigned to do.  One co worker was not happy with the job I did and made loud, disparaging, comments in front of a manager.  Another manager who had been happy with my work pulled me off it and sent me to do something else, then followed me over to watch me work.  I didn't know it at the time but I worked like I always do "As serving God" (Colossians 3:23).  So it didn't matter.  She came over and micromanaged me, again, I am OK with this because I understand the average employee may not be diligent.  But not once today did I hear a positive word and that is very sad.  

I don't go into work to get approval.  I go into work to get paid.  But that is how you lose good workers.  Again, not angry, not sad, just a little disappointed.  And they even have a big poster in the manager's office about appreciating employees.  I will say in spite of everything I was GOOD to my customers and they all left their encounters happy.  

I did it all.  I could forget about all of it the minute I clocked out.  I am home now and relaxing in my sweat pants.  I'm going to check the mail.  Nothing in the mail but I did get one of those free newspapers with some coupons.  And I actually found some coupons I can use.  One, for the washing machine cleaner, $1 off.  And 50 cents off Oscar Mayer hot dogs (I love their cheese dog).  The backside of one of the coupons has a glade coupon for $1 off a scent product so I might look into that.  

I also need to look at the laundry and figure out if I need to run a load.  I will go do that.  

Yeah I had enough for a load so I got that going.  I indulged myself and used a Gain pack instead of my usual Tide.  I took off the shirt I had worn to work and got out my old stained gray shirt to wear instead.  The gray shirt is fine for around the house.  But it does have a spot so I don't use it for work.  

I am not hungry yet so I will wait on eating.  I have lots of good frozen dinner things in the freezer.  I do plan to buy those hot dogs I had been thinking about them anyway.  

I may look at t shirts online even though I have a good amount.  I have several black pocket t shirts, and some colored with and without pockets.  I would like some in cream and light gray but I will be fine without.  

I am disjointed... my parents are visiting my stepbrother and grandson.  Then visiting her mother in a few days.  So no phone call.  I did text them I had gotten home OK.  And pretty sure my aunt has a thing today.  I don't want to watch SVU.  Don't want to watch the news for that matter.  Don't want to clean.  I will figure it out.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: