Saturday, October 2, 2021

I didn't get enough sleep and am tired.  I need to check something in my bedroom when I get home, hopefully my problem is an easy fix.  But first I need to take a shower.   

[Later]

Got to work OK.  Traffic seems to be heavier when I leave now, may need to leave a little earlier.  But tomorrow (Sunday) shouldn't be as bad generally I have a better time Sundays.  

Got to work one of my bosses had brought donuts, the boss above her basically ordered me to eat one while on duty, so I did.  It was good.  Just a regular glazed I can do that.  

It reminded me of the Bible Handout some years ago when the bearded young white man gave me and Ron a half dozen hot fresh donuts from Shipley's, I'm holding the sign with one hand and eating the donut with the other.  Ron's screaming they could be tainted and I'm going to die... I offer him a donut and say we can die together.  Clearly we didn't.  So that's a good memory, one I did not share at work.  

It poured for hours and I kept thinking the bayou was high, I have to hike through a vacant lot to get home, not a fun prospect.  I also considered the fact my shoes cost $44 and a cab ride would cost $20.  So I called Jack first, he was busy (good!) and I called the other guy and he could do it.  Jack called right as I was getting in the cab just to check up on me.  

No there is nothing between me and Jack I think he has father/brother feelings if that.  I feel very sisterly toward him and really like/respect his wife.  The other guy is also married and I would NEVER that is one line I just wouldn't.  Ron cheated on me, I know how that feels.  I would never do that to anyone, man or woman.  Put them through that.  So I got a quick ride home.  

The cats are good.  Don't need to change the litter box.  I took a nap.  Later on I made a protein shake and had that with my medication.  I called my parents.  

I found a cute girl's jacket at work and sent my aunt a picture.  She has granddaughters.  She thought it was cute so I know where we sell it if she's interested.  

Then my boss assigned me to help the lady in apparel tidy up the department.  I folded a lot of jeans and some leggings, shirts and such.  She was happy to get the help.  

I also gave an unopened tube of Voltaren to a lady at work who has a bad knee.  She wanted to pay for it.  I basically told her I had been trying to give it away for months and no one else wanted it, I just didn't want to throw it out.  She took it then (all true).  I hope it helps her.  It did help Ron.  

It's not cheap, either and I would hate to waste it.  I'm not worried about his generic brand Icy Hot wherever I put it.  But the Voltaren is only good for a few years.  

I will, assuming I work my schedule, make more than anticipated thanks to my raise.  So that begs the question what to do with it.  Of course $250 is going into my house expenses.  Then pay the bills.  Groceries aren't much now that I am doing the shakes.  I just went to IKEA with my birthday money.  

I am thinking to get some new glasses (save up a few pay checks) because it's been a couple years and I am having a hard time with very fine print.  Also a good idea to get checked out for everything.  Throw an extra $20 at my bus card.  

I am thinking about sponsoring a child that would be cool.  Ron actually had sponsored a child, a little blind boy in Uganda, years ago, until they had to close the school and flee due to militia activity.  I always thought that was cool and admired him for that.  He would get so excited when I would read him the letters.  So that would be cool but I don't want my heart to get ahead of my wallet, either.  

That's it for now I'm going to bed.  So many people who work odd hours get into the very bad habit of staying up for a long time after they get home, getting minimal sleep, very tired the next day, too much caffeine, and staying up way past bedtime when they get home.  

No comments: