Wednesday, October 6, 2021

I had a pretty good day

 Things that weren't cool: I left the soy milk and yogurt out on the counter when I went to lunch with my aunt.  I lost my trowel.  And my watering can is cracked.  

But that's the worst that happened today.  

I got the candy I needed for daily distribution and some for Halloween.  

I got 2 pair (different styles) black sweats that fit great and cost less than $20 for both with my discount.  

I got more shake ingredients including the aforementioned yogurt.  I also got some instant coffee I can put into a vanilla shake and turn it into a designer coffee drink.  

I got laundry stuff I needed including some Biz which looks interesting.  I also got more Tide.  I am cheap in a lot of ways, I use generic everything save a few items: soda, "Cheetos" (I eat them very seldom), cat food, laundry detergent.  Everything else, pads, tampons, instant drink mix, no problem getting the store brand.  But those items I don't.  I even use generic face wash and hair products (shampoo and conditioner).  I got some generic collagen today too.  My stepmother swears by it.  Her osteoporosis has gotten a lot better, she says, since she started taking it.  Something to consider.  

We went to Home Depot and I got a bag of Epsoma plant food.  I have used that in the past and had good results.  So I got more.  It does smell bad, it's organic, so I am keeping it outside.  I got a really nice, sprouty, catnip plant.  It looked so cheerful but the soil was almost all dried out, it would have died pretty fast.  So I "saved" it.  I also got the mint I had been thinking about.  When I brought the plants home the cats were more interested in the mint which I found hysterical.  I got them planted in spite of my lack of trowel (used big shovel to dig the holes), watered them as best I could, and then threw the watering can in the trash.  I will get a new watering can after work on Saturday if they have any.  We will see if the cats like the catnip.  I know Torbie and Biscuit react to it, I believe Cleo and Spotty do as well.  Baby Girl does not react/respond to it.  Then I mulched the bed.  I bought 2 bags of mulch and only needed half of one bag.  I will spread the rest of the mulch when I have some more energy.  I did a decent job getting the plants situated but I could have done more.  But they should be fine all my plants out front have a good reputation for being pretty tough.  The lemon verbena continues to look good and was scenting the air as I spread the mulch.  I had to lift the stems to get the mulch underneath and they rewarded me with nice fragrance.  So I will have mint and lemon scents by the front door, not counting the jasmine of course in the spring.  

When I finished that up I did a load of laundry with my new sweat pants.  I had 2 pair so they balanced nicely.  Then I threw in the black tshirt I had been wearing.  But that would have unbalanced the machine.  Somehow I ended up with one of Ron's tshirts when I cleaned everything so I use that times like this to balance the washer.  I also have a "junk" pair of jeans I use for that when it's jeans.  That load should be done any minute now.  

I am still amazed he had gotten up to 213.  That's what I weigh now.  No wonder I had such a hard time getting him off the floor!  

Let's go check the mail... gas bill ($25), charity newsletter - boy you give them $1 and then you are on the list forever..."Life Line" screening thing for Ron, but he's dead, saw a UPS van stop at the stop sign....obeying traffic laws!  Came back home.  

So a pretty good day.  Bummed I have to work tomorrow but glad I have a job.  That's it for now.  

No comments: