Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Writing really keeps me sane

 So this morning I handed out a lot of material on the way to work, that made me happy.  

I actually ran out.  I called Sara (vet tech who will be watching the babies) on my break and she said she could come by today after I got off work to get the key, etc.  I had already bought some mixed grill and the foam plates I serve it on.  I hit the ATM I am going to give her half now (she said pay what seems fair and I think she will be nicely surprised because nothing and no one is too good for my fur children) and the other half when I come back. 

So we will just go over the routines.  Give her the key.  

So work.  It started out OK.  But at times my boss does this "call me a liar" thing that reminds me - our working relationship really reminds me of Ron at times and in a truly awful way.  So I was doing something that needed doing.  She came along, what are you doing.  I told her.  "It looks fine" Because I did the thing.  She does that at times, I tell her something truthful and she says it is not. 

This is probably one of the reasons she cannot retain good workers. She just had another one transfer to another store.  They all say she's crazy.  One called her a bruja.

So, moving on.  She gives me very vague instructions, I do what she did say and take the rest to God and decide I am going to do it this way.  I work away at it, it is not an easy job which is why she dumped it on me.  And I'm getting hot flashes which is no fun in that horrible vest. 

She comes back suddenly - she does that trying to "catch" people screwing up.  She takes a look at what I did.  "I didn't tell you to do this".  "It made sense to me". She looks around "Very Good" then an hour I kid you not of picking at me. 

When I asked - I have to ask, I can't just go in her world - she said no at first then changed her mind, but when I got back acted like I betrayed the family.  I have to eat. I had to have a bowel movement but I did not tell her that. I had to get off my feet and legally I am entitled to it. But it is tiresome.  

She also does the "thing" Ron did where you get a little praise and then a lot of criticism. I used to tell myself with him "If you believe the nice things you have to believe the negative". And I have not yet taken the survey. It didn't come up. 

But I feel like I should get additional pay.  They don't pay me for this they pay me to do something else. She is not a bad person and I believe she is born again but she is very ambitious and driven.  Not everyone is.  As I was leaving I heard her talking to the store manager in an ingratiating voice.  

I paid for a cab home so I could take care of my business. But I sure hope she has tomorrow off.  

I got the wet cat food I wanted, the foam plates, a larger bag of treats. I was very happy about that. 

No comments: