Saturday, September 16, 2023

Early Saturday

 I had a migraine the day I took this and had been working for a while but here it is;  


My hair always looks very light in photos but is a good medium brown with white in real life.  It reminds me my mother (when I was a kid) was a bottle blonde. She had naturally dark brown hair but began dying it in her 20's because she went gray early (considering her life not a surprise!). I very strongly resemble my Dad though.  

I don't know if I mentioned this last night but I had a problem with all the couples in the break room. Walmart employees pair up like that (snaps fingers) many are married couples work in different departments.  So there is always one table with a couple of lovebirds leaning into each other, laughing, talking, eating together.  It was just really hard on me last night which is interesting as I don't recall having an issue the other 3 years.  

For a very long time I had a hard time on breaks and lunches because I would always call Ron on my break and lunch.  First on the pay phone, and then on my Ham radio (got my license in 1995). We were very active on ham radio repeaters they had a lively business in the late 90's.  And I would talk to him if I could.  Then on my cell phone. 

I am trying to remember the last time I talked to Ron from work. At the end he wanted to sleep when I was at work so he didn't want me calling anymore.  But I remember so many hours talking to him on the phone gossiping about customers.  

By the way last night I had a cute young couple with the cat lady starter kit, a box of litter and a litter box. I asked if they had a new cat and they said no their stray cat had kittens and they needed more boxes. They wanted to try one box and see how it went before they got more.  I agreed that was probably the one thing customer service wouldn't take back, and one box per cat plus an extra box worked for me, even though my guys only use 2 of them regularly.  It was fun talking to them, I really enjoy interacting with customers.  

I am just trying to rest up today I am pretty tired.  I need to go though my carry on and pull out ANYTHING I don't absolutely need.  

My adoptive grandmother is in terminal kidney failure on hospice now so my adoptive Mom is on red alert.   That's going to affect the visit.  But Dad and I are basically planning to watch movies, although they are also planning to take me to Huddart Park in Redwood City to see the woods Ron loved so much.  They put some of his ashes out there.  And while we're in the area I am going to see if Windy City Pizza is still in Burlingame.  

Son of a!  They are CLOSED. Permanently.  [bad bad word]  It was bad enough I lost Little India on Broadway in Redwood City.  That's the only food I wanted to try, Little India and Windy City.  [sigh]  Glad I found out now I used some very bad language. 

Hm. I will have to ask my adoptive sister if she has any "Peninsula" ideas for good food now that my 2 are out. 

The nice thing about Huddart Park, by the way, they have trails you can drive for people like my Dad who can't walk very far. They even have a wheelchair trail. 

I am going to lie down again for a little bit. I am just really tired today. 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huddart Park is wonderful. Windy City was in San Mateo, not in Burlingame. There are great restaurants everywhere on the Peninsula but everything is too expensive for me. I hope it warms up by the time you get here, it's only been in the low 70's.

Heather Knits said...

When I left Windy City was in Burlingame we had to ride the El Camino bus all the way up from where we lived.

My aunt bought me a really cute jean jacket (fitted) at the thrift shop so I won't be cold. To me anything below 80 is "cold". I really function best between 80=90. I tell people Houston is really the perfect city for me.

Anonymous said...

We usually have a heat wave in Sept but I don't think we will this year. Windy City was also in San Carlos for a while too.

Have you ever gone to the San Mateo Park? Beautiful Japanese garden there. Yes HMB is close but you will be surprised how built up it is and how expensive it is now.