Monday, September 4, 2023

I kept forgetting this story

 So our family restroom is being repaired right now at work and parents are having to adapt.  

I loved the family bathroom because I could go in and help Ron.  If I took Ron in the ladies room they would freak.  If I took Ron in the men's room they would freak. Sometimes we would wait for the ladies room to empty and sneak him in there, if someone came in after us we waited for them to leave and then take him out.  

My Dad effectively became a single parent when I was 2 but my mother and older sister were still around.  They left when I was 3 and Dad was on his own.  Oh, we're at the grocery store and Heather has to pee.  What do we do?  I remember him taking me in the men's room and the men would yell at Dad even though he told me not to look and took me in the stall.  And Dad couldn't go in the ladies room.  So he would wait with me outside the bathroom and flag down a nice looking lady and ask for her help.  

I remember waiting with Dad as he evaluated all the women walking by and sometimes he would just grab a passerby not bathroom bound and beg for help.  "Her mother left us" was always good for assistance.  

What nice ladies. I remember a parade of very kind, mostly older women helping me do my business. 

No comments: