Sunday, September 10, 2023

I have to laugh at the way I pack.

 So I'll have a backpack, it's an old one but does the job and it is distinctive looking.  It will have my medication, some toiletries, disinfecting wipes, etc. I will wear my menstrual cup by the way. I can just take it out 2x a day and wash it with plain soap I will also bring. Chargers, etc. will also ride in there, wallet, a couple of books, my tablet, you get the idea,typical stuff.  And my Bible.  

Not so typical is my carryon which is about 1/3 full of gifts for Mom and Dad (cute stuff I found on clearance), 1/3 clothes (I am bringing about 3 days of clothes and can wash and redo), and 1/3 evangelism.  I have single use plastic "handle" bags (can't find those in CA, not easily), lots of tracts in 2 languages, 5 pound sack of pinata mix, etc.  Mom is going to get the sandwich baggies which I also need for the candy and I plan to buy the small M&M, Snickers, and ideally some Skittles they have out now for Halloween. 

Well I'm glad I checked...when my Dad fixed my name on the reservation he made all new trips for me, so I am going all over the US as opposed to going to Dallas and then Sacramento.  Nope, I go to Vegas. Then on the way home I go to Denver.  I don't have much of a layover in Vegas either.  I guess people in Vegas and Denver need the gospel more than Dallas. 

I like to see myself as flexible but it was QUITE a shock. The only real problem I foresee other than maybe missing the plane to Sacramento (going) is I might get there in time for the flight but have to check my bag because all the overhead bins are full.  But I don't have anything really "melty" (I have some hard candy and fruit chew type stuff but that ought to be OK on the tarmac) so that would be OK.  As long as I get it back!  

Otherwise we're going to Walmart, Baby!  LOL  I think I will put the evangelism stuff in my backpack, that, I can't lose.  But socks, underwear, t-shirts?  That's fine.  

And I get 10% off all that stuff. Ha ha. 

Big pharm has a new ad out about a drug for people with Alzheimer's agitation.  That strikes a little close to home for me.  I am glad they have a med but in my experience good luck getting the loved one to take it!  

I am going to take a nap. 

That's it for now!  

No comments: