Sunday, September 3, 2023

Church went well

I woke up with a nasty, persistent, headache which has not gone away.  It's in my right Sphenoid sinus cavity.  I went to church anyway, it was interesting.  

I think my uncle felt they could have been a little more welcoming but everyone seemed nice.  It was a little confusing getting around but we found our way to the sanctuary.  The man sitting behind me had a lovely bass singing voice.  

I am tone deaf and felt bad for the man, and my aunt (next to me) hearing me sing. I didn't think about it this morning but for a long time I would (silently) cry at church during the singing for some reason, but I did not, today. 

The service was nice, old timey hymns and they had several musicians and a nice choir. The message was on point and the pastor clearly grieved about the plight of the lost going to hell.  It is nice to actually encounter people who care about that. No one in my day to day cares about that or evangelism, God, spending time in His Word, etc. So it was a nice change. I felt like it was a good place. 

I spoke again to the man who does the Bible Handouts (how nice to see that in the bulletin!) and said I would like to sign up, showed him the picture of Ron and me, and told him I would leave the neon orange "garment of praise" (a Bible joke, in Psalms one writer talks about God taking his spirit of heaviness and giving him a garment of praise instead) at home and wear something more sedate.  He said he would love to have me. 

My aunt and uncle liked the message (the pastor did run long though) and didn't say anything about errors so it must have been OK by them. We went out to lunch after and I came home. 

A sponsor had sent me Bible Promise books,I had 2 cases of them, the support socks, and my bottle of Green Gobbler drain cleaner on the porch when we got home.  

I have been trying to nap after taking painkiller at 2 and some decongestant, etc. at 3. I did get the socks and my other laundry in the wash. I plan to wear the socks tomorrow.  

I have some "fancier" jeans and my aunt suggested I just take my basic $11 ones when I see my Dad so I will do that.  

We said goodbye and they left.  I am going to try to nap again with the cats. 

No comments: