Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Wednesday afternoon

 I handed out dozens of bags of candy with evangelism during my vacation.  On my way home, the Denver to Houston flight there was a woman talking on her cell phone who continued to talk during takeoff.  She spoke in English and Spanish.  I just so happened to have a Spanish.  I really had to give it to her when I saw she was reading Sylvia Browne.  

The author did a lot of "spirit guide" stuff that is completely against the Bible and will send you straight to hell.  So I gave the candy as I got off.  She took it.  

I didn't really have anything to eat when I got home last night so I had Jack run me by the pizza place.  I forgot pizza can give me a headache and it did.  It began pouring rain as I was bringing out the pizza.  

Next time I will plan better; maybe have a few TV dinners in the freezer when I go.  I have a lot of raw meat in the freezer.  

This morning I got up, did a little of my God Time, took a shower (not in that order), had some cuddle time with Biscuit, did up some candy and went out to the grocery store.  I had long waits on the bus which I found tedious after being driven around all week.  The first driver said "Oh THERE you are, we were all talking about you last week".  

I guess I can't get up to any trouble on the bus!  They all know me!  I got to the grocery store OK.  I bought two big bags of candy and one smaller bag that seemed to have some watermelon candy which should be popular with my demographic. I will see.  

I got a gallon of milk, some lunch meat, and some bags. I paid up and left.  

Jack drove by while I was at the bus stop.  He had one of his adult daughters in the car, and his brother.  They waved and said Hi and he told me he would give me a ride home when they finished. I said I was OK.  

As far as I know my cart does not fold down so that would be a problem if I did take a ride.  Not to mention I did not want to unload 23 pounds of candy and then load it back up again. The bus came and took me home OK.  He parked kind of far from the curb at my stop so I asked him to flip out the ramp, he did that cheerfully and I got the cart off OK.  Then I rolled down the street back home.  

The dog next door barked as I went by, and the other dogs that always act like they want to eat me.  I have tried being nice to those dogs but they are very aggressive I think because I smell like cats. They are German Shepherds which can be either a really good dog or a really bad one.  

When I was a girl I saw a neighbor boy mauled by a German Shepherd.  She was put down of course but that leaves a mark!  

I am just not a fan of big, barking, dogs.  

I got all my stuff put away and washed.  I left my bathing suit in my shoulder bag I would only use that on a trip to see Dad.  

I will explain a little about my family.  My adoptive mother was married before she married my Dad and she had 3 kids.  My birth mother had 2 kids before she met and married my Dad.  

So I have a half-brother almost 20 years older than me, a half-sister about 15 years older than me (she is the one in the cult we have very little contact, but my brother and I are friendly),   My adoptive mother had a girl 5 years older than me, "C"; a boy 2 years older than me; and a boy 3 years younger than me.  

"C" has been very successful and had a house built in Florida recently.  She is also a cat lover and has some small dogs as well (cute breeds not the ankle biters). We all had lunch one day and she mentioned next year Mom and Dad could fly out to her place, I could fly out, we could all hang out in Florida. It is doable for me because Southwest has a decent amount of flights coming out of Houston Bush.  

But thinking on it today it is cheaper for Mom and Dad if they use their credit card miles and buy me a ticket.  That way they only have to pay for one ticket to them and back vs. the two of them across the country and back. Also I don't like the idea of them traveling a lot even though Mom has done a lot going to see her mother the last few years.  

Dad is happy to buy the ticket because he knows what I make working for Walmart. I have told him, when asked, on a couple of occasions. 

Speaking of Walmart it will be interesting to see how things are when I get back. Did my sick coworker ever come back?  How is everyone else?  

Sara was so excited to get the loaf of sourdough bread.  I froze it before traveling so it wouldn't get squashed. It looked good when I gave it to her.  I am glad I did that.  

Remember the backpack that never came?  I got a refund on it and re ordered it and it did come in CA, so I tossed my old one (it had broken zippers) and brought the new one back to Texas. It is purple with some reflective stripes on the back.  I need to leave a review I am very happy with it. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: