Saturday, September 9, 2023

I lost my temper

 I resent a lot of the immigrants' (all of them not just the Latinos) attitude coming here and demanding this and that extra special treatment.  I had one last night got angry I spoke to her in English.  I explained I don't speak Spanish (somewhat of a lie as I can speak a little) and explained what she wanted again in English, slower, as I know many Latinos who understand English but don't speak it well.  Her husband/boyfriend snapped "We don't speak English" in perfect English and they stomped off.  So I guess for them it is a political thing; they speak it, they just don't want to.  I kept my cool.  

Today I went out with my handcart to the grocery store.  I left later because I was battling a headache and some depression.  I got to the store, got my candy, checked out.  I got to the bus stop and who shows up but a man in a wheelchair.  

Now the city buses I ride can take 2 wheelchairs each.  When you board you make a turn to the left and there is an aisle with 3 seats facing each other across the aisle, those seats fold up and they can secure one wheelchair on each side.  The driver already had one wheelchair so he got the other guy loaded, THEN I got on with my hand cart and told him I was only going a few stops.  

Someone got off at the next stop and used the back door.  The wheelchairs on each side made it impossible to pass me and my hand cart.  Someone rang the bell for the next stop, a pudgy latino guy with a huge piece of very nice looking luggage. He came right up behind me rather than get off at the back door.  I couldn't move to either side due to the wheelchairs so I told the driver I'M GETTING BACK ON DON'T LEAVE ME and got off the bus so dumbo could get off.  

"Next time" I snapped at him "Use the back door!"

Then I got back on the bus. I'm not sorry I said it. Then I rang the bell for my stop when we got there and came home. 

So that's what it looks like when I lose my temper these days. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't confront people in public. Too many loose cannons out there. Not worth the risk.

Heather Knits said...

This guy had a dopey, shit-eating grin, like "I made you get off". He was smirking about it. Probably didn't understand me anyway but I did feel better for it.

I very seldom confront anyone.

Anonymous said...

Stop whining about everything man you're unhappy person

Anonymous said...

I disagree that she is unhappy.

Heather Knits said...

I'm a lot happier than I was a few years ago!