Saturday, September 16, 2023

Some things you carry with you your whole life

 I grew up in the San Francisco Bay area during the mid 80's.  At one point we had a serial rapist in a white van targeting all sorts of women, dragging them in the van, driving somewhere secluded, raping them, throwing them out like trash.  It took them months to catch him in the meantime all women in the area were terrified if any sort of van got near them.  Myself included.  

Also when I was hospitalized for depression back in 1988 there was another patient who had been abducted by a man in a van who did horrible things (which she told me) before throwing her out in the middle of a busy city block naked and covered in motor oil.  She said she had to walk 2 blocks barefoot begging for help. 

So I have a "thing" about vans. You can imagine what I thought when I saw a ratty old white van with deeply tinted windows pull up in front of me next to the path I take to the bus stop.  I would have had to pass very close to the doors in order to go the way I normally do. 

So I walked away from the bus stop, far around the van which suddenly drove off. And boy I was kicking myself I did not have my stun gun!  

I had to wait a while at the various bus stops to go to the store and realized, to my horror, I had forgotten my water bottle.  I was not a very perky kitten when I got off the last bus so I ran to a drugstore and got a Gatorade, drank it on the way to the grocery store. I was OK by the time I got there. But I won't do that again!  

I got some Pulparindo (take that, spell check!) to take to CA it is compact and travels well. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: