Saturday, September 16, 2023

Saturday afternoon

 So the bags are pretty much packed with what I can do ahead of time.  I can't do the chargers yet or my tablet because I use it for Bible Study every day but short of that I'm done.  

If I'm ambitious I'll do up the 13 (minimum) bags of candy I will need up until then.  I did have a homeless man the other day asked for "another' bag of candy. I don't recall giving him the first bag?  Anyway he said he "really liked the little book and had been reading it" so I was happy to hear that.  One reason I deal more with the less desirable bunches I think the odds of salvation are probably higher.  He had a good time eating candy, took his shoes and socks off, picked at his feet for a while, went back to the candy.  But it's not on me.  I give it that's it.  

And pray of course I pray a lot for my recipients. The grocery store was packed I was glad I was in and out pretty quick there.  

If I have a little more time with a recipient I tell them I lost my husband to a sudden heart attack, that we never know how long we have, or our loved ones, it is important to say and do whatever it is RIGHT NOW because we DON'T know how much time we have left.  And everyone agrees with me and they're holding the candy so I feel like I did my job.  

The cats are good.  Cleo got spooked by a bag of treats and got a little feral, wouldn't let me near her,but when I put the treats down she calmed down.  She probably wouldn't make it in an average home because she is pretty skittish but she loves being a house cat just on her terms.  And I'm OK with that, Biscuit is also special needs.  Spotty is my only normal cat and he is a little dim.  They say that about orange boys.  I am very happy I have 2 nice bags of cat food, lots of treats, some wet food for Sara to give them.  

If something happened to me I would want Sara to take the cats. She is that good a person.  

It's raining right now but not hard.  Hopefully enough to make the tree and my plants happy.  I think my purple wandering jew will survive the nuclear holocaust. It laughs at drought, high temperatures, floods, subzero weather, all of it. Ron had a personal vendetta trying to kill it for years he put salt, Roundup, everything trying to kill it and couldn't.  He's dead and the plant is still going!  I guess I could have put him on the plant at the ultimate insult.  

Speaking of did you know cremated human remains look almost exactly like clumping cat litter?  I was amazed.  I kept looking back and forth from Ron to the litter box and wondering how many bitter spouses put the ashes in the litter box?  I did not.  He is in the urn, what I didn't send to CA and Galveston.  But it is striking.  I thought they would be whiter and more powdery like fireplace but they are more granular like the cat litter.  

Who knows maybe he is in the trash and the cremation place gave me cat litter instead.  I don't know. 

I have been meaning to share that for a while. I am debating trying to take a nap again.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: