Sunday, September 17, 2023

Thinking some about my birthday

 I was thinking about my birth mother and presents.  About half my formative years she forgot my birthday.  The other half I might get a card and a $25 check, one year someone claiming to be her sent me flowers, other times I would get random odd things like a broken gold bracelet.  One year she sent me clothes that didn't fit, I assume because she was too proud to ask my stepmother for my sizes.

I was always looking for her gift and not valuing gifts from my adoptive mother and Dad's Mom.  I could handle her neglect every other day of the year but always felt she would surely remember the day she birthed me.

That is just very sad.  My adoptive Mom was busy with her own kids but she at least made an effort.  

That's it for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad told me the day I was born was the worst day of his life. I was allowed to pick the destination of our family vacation when I was 18, the last time I was allowed to go.
He had 3 other kids, the last one a boy who he often referred to as "the prince". He claimed he didn't have favorites but I knew better. He's gone now but my mind will be forever screwed up.

Heather Knits said...

Oh that is awful. I will say the little pet in my family turned out the worst so I'm glad things worked the way they did in the long run.

Anonymous said...

My parents are gone and the 53 year old "prince" told me to never text him again. I haven't been invited to graduations, etc but I can see online the fun that they had. They gave Christmas with my 2 sisters and my grandkids behind my back.

Heather Knits said...

That is awful! (((Hugs)))