Thursday, August 1, 2024

Thursday

My stepmother was amazing at decorating.  When I was a teen she and Dad did the whole family room with laminate oak flooring, 2 kinds of wallpaper, chair rail.  

I am happy with how I've done my house; it's distinctively me.  

But back many years ago I used to pick up books on home decorating at the thrift shop and read them.  One lady talked about how she always put vent fans in the kitchen.  She had been born in Eastern Europe and her family fled to England after WW2.  She said every place she ever lived smelled like boiled cabbage.  

And I love my home but the air flow always deposits kitchen smells in the bedroom.  I don't want my bedroom to smell like cooked onions.  So, last night, I burned some incense when I went to bed.  

I think that was the migraine trigger.  I have never had a problem with Taco Casserole which is what I had for dinner.  

My house does not have a vent fan in the kitchen.  I have a burned-out (repair tech said it was probably the control board) built in microwave over the stove and that's it.  I need to save up; get a vent in the kitchen, one in the bathroom (it has an outside window so it managed to evade the code), and replace the ceiling fan in the front room.  

I need to troubleshoot that remote.  I had a thought I may just have a dead battery in the remote.  

Look what I found!  A lyric video!  



No comments: