Monday, August 26, 2024

International House of Lentils

 I soaked some lentils last night/this morning.  

I have a tick I guess, if I read a recipe and I like it I can "save" things in my head, like one curry recipe said 2 parts curry powder to one part garam masala spice.  Another recipe said 1 t cumin for each cup of lentils.  So I decided to make both recipes.  

I had the spices.  I put a little coconut oil in the pots, warmed it, added the spice and some chopped onion, got that cooked for a bit, then added the water, a little salt, and the lentils.  

The house smells wonderful so hopefully they will taste good too.  

I also made some rice so I have a complete protein out of that.  I thought it would be awful but it's actually pretty fun cooking when I get home from work.  

I would not have guessed.  

No comments: