Sunday, August 18, 2024

Cooking with gas

 I made the spaghetti, over 8 servings, got that put up.  I cleaned up the kitchen and laid down for a little bit with Biscuit.  

I'd put the lentils on to soak this morning so I poured off the liquid.  Yes, everyone says you don't need to soak lentils especially as mine were fresh but it eliminates the gas factor.  I had planned to cook them with a small can of tomato sauce, a little red pepper, some chili powder.  

The chili powder was completely stale so I threw it out.  And as a lot of cooking escapades go found me digging around in my spice cabinet.   I had a nice jar of Jamaican curry that is good for 3 years yet.  I opened it and it smelled very perky.  

I had already put a little salt and red pepper into the pot so I added a teaspoon of the curry, a handful of chopped onions, and after some deliberation, a tablespoon of minced fresh ginger.  I got that boiling and I added the lentils and covered it.  We will see how it turns out.  

Once the lentils are done I need to cook up the chicken thighs and pork chops.  I'm not done yet!  

No comments: