Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Step 2

 I use a Suave shampoo that leaves stuff in my hair (Silk something) and a rose conditioner.  I like what they do and the fragrance from the conditioner is nice too.  So I did that this morning.  

I went out in the hot sun I think I was out in it for over an hour just waiting on buses, walking to and from the house.  I was sweating I could feel it in my scalp.  

The henna pages say clean hair so I washed it with clarifying shampoo.  Then air dry (now).  

I have always had a hair dryer but Ron always ended up using it to defrost the freezer at work, because I never used it myself.  I think air drying is better for my hair anyway so I try to do that if at all possible.  

Once it's dry I glop on the henna paste, wrap my head in plastic, put on my shower cap, and let it sit for 3-4 hours.  Then I rinse it out in the shower using conditioner to "help".  

The secret is not using shampoo for 2 days.  My hair is pretty oily even at my age so I will use conditioner to "wash" it the next couple days.  That should keep it presentable.  

It will be very orange at first but will mature to a red in a few days.  That's one reason I'm doing it today.  

YES I am vain enough I want to look "my best" when I see Buddy.  Of course he may hate it.  I don't know.  If I had a way to contact him I would have asked his opinion.  

My total cost is about $3.50 for supplies and a few hours of time.  But women at work tell me getting braids done can be an all day event as well so I don't feel bad.  

I have NO idea what I'm doing for dinner.  

No comments: