Friday, August 23, 2024

Very early Friday

I am friendly with the Dr Pepper vendors because I naturally feel a connection, I was a Dr Pepper vendor for 20 years, they provided my canned soda vendors, etc.  A few days ago I was going to break.  The 2 guys had not seen me in about a week, since I did the henna.  I came around the corner and bumped into them.  They both began exclaiming things like "Wow!  Amazing!" and I fluffed my hair and grinned at them.  One made a joke "Orange you glad" and I went to break.  

I really have gotten more compliments in the last week than I have in my whole life.  

Another interesting side note, the Team Leads decided they're not letting me go do the grocery zone now.  They "need me too much at my job".  They apparently had a conflict with the grocery manager about it; normally he is very friendly but he's been avoiding me now.  On one occasion the two grocery team leads were talking in front of me saying "Wouldn't it be great if we could have Heather zone the whole department" and the other one said "Yeah" wistfully.  

But I don't "work" grocery.  I thought that was interesting.  I did hear the other day the grocery coach (over a team lead) wouldn't let one guy go to lunch until it was almost time for him to go home, so I'm not in a rush to sign up for that.  And I understand my boss.  

Enough about work.  Like I said last night I got up with plenty of time to myself before I have to go to work today.  Four and a half hours.  

I am debating washing my hair vs. just using conditioner on it.  I will probably wash.  Also shave my legs; that's not as urgent with our dress code of long pants but I like to be smooth.  It also makes tomorrow morning, running around in my booty shorts, easier.  

I don't plan to go anywhere this weekend the "money run low" and I have things to do at home.  I bought some imported curry powder last year.  I'm going to open it tonight after work and put a large pinch in a glass of water and drink it.  Do I like the flavor?  And, do I wake up with a headache tomorrow?  I don't want to make curried lentils and get sick.  

I try to experiment with a "new" food when I have a couple of days off so I can be sick one day and do my work the other day.  

Next week I work 6 days in a row so I won't be able to do that.  

If it works out I will make the curried lentils with the potato and then some more lentils with chili powder and tomato.  I won't be able to go grocery shopping until Sept 1 which is going to be chaotic at the store.  I don't get paid until Wednesday and I don't want to take my hand cart to work and go shopping later in the evening.  Everything is picked over by then.  

I don't like the Aussie shampoo.  I don't feel like it got my hair clean or soft.  I won't throw it out but I'm not using it again anytime soon.  I was using Suave silk shampoo and rose conditioner before I colored my hair I will just go back to that.  

I might get myself some clarifying conditioner to use to wash out the henna when I do it.  I am still thinking about that.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: