Wednesday, August 7, 2024

I don't care. I don't care one bit.

 So: work today.  Busy as expected.  My friend gave me a ride home she wanted a visit with Biscuit so I got a ride, she got some cuddles.  It got so personal I told her it was OK Biscuit and I had an open relationship.  I did tell her to take care of him if anything happens to me.  

I laid down for a little bit, my parents called.  

When someone comes to visit, if they're amenable, I have them give Biscuit a can of "Mixed Grill" Special Kitty cat food so he knows they are OK.  He ate most of it but the can was stinking up the house.  

While on the phone I went out the front door to throw my trash in the can.  Some random dude walking down the street starts yelling "Hey!  Hey!" at me.  

I made the same mistake I made the day I was assaulted, I engaged him.  I asked "What?"  

"Do people live here?"  

Of course people live here someone is standing in the yard holding a bag of damned trash.  "Yes" I said and then added "More than one".  

"I didn't know" he whined like it was my job to tell him.  "It's a friendly neighborhood" (translated I want to know your business and see if I can take advantage).  I turned my back on him, threw away my trash, and opened the door to the house "You don't have to be a bitch!" he snarled as I went in.  

So much for a friendly neighborhood.  

That really bothers me.  I don't like him one bit.  

What's a dude dressed like a gang member MY AGE wandering the neighborhood at dinner time in a heat index of over 100?  Asking random women very personal questions about their living arrangements?  

And then calling me a "bitch" because I wouldn't play.  That, to me, is the confirmation stamp I was right to shut him down.  

I am sorry I asked him what.  

Next time some rando tries to engage me I'm not answering, I am not wired that way I am naturally very friendly and love to talk.  But that can get me hurt.  

No comments: