Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Wednesday night

 I thought it might be fun to go out for pupusas with Buddy but that's not going to happen.  

It would be a great first date, good, cheap, food, readily available here.  I actually had several contenders going (two at gas stations and one taco truck) for taking myself out for pupusas.  

More on that in a minute...

Work was not bad but just bad energy again.  We didn't have enough equipment and no one was able to get their jobs done.  The night shift don't understand what the manager wants.  More, they don't care they are just phoning it in, most of them.  But who's going to work nights and weekends for j$14 an hour?  Not generally the cream of the crop in this economy.  

There, that doesn't reflect badly on the corporation.  And, interestingly enough, Walmart had the toughest application process of all.  

When I left the house this morning I had my tote bag and my fold-flat rolling cart.  It is not as spacious or rugged as my standard cart but it's great in a tight spot as it latches closed and is about 2 inches thick.  So I had it like that to work, at work, on the way to the transit center, on another bus, and then at the store sitting in my shopping cart.  I don't like putting unpaid merchandise in my hand cart.  Then, after I paid, I took the cart out and opened it up, put my stuff in it.  And it was fine for what I had tonight.  

The store no longer has my candy.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I didn't like the other choices crappy overpriced junk.  

Two drivers have told me Party City is good I need to get there somehow.  

It took a long time, though.  I left the house at 5:50 and I didn't get home until about 8:45 again.  Biscuit was Not Happy.  I'm glad I spent so much time with him last weekend.  

So, while I was at the grocery store I got my powdered ginger, the smoked paprika looked good so I got a jar for $1.  I got some nice small sweet potatoes, some bananas, etc.  Then I was looking at dinner things.  What would be an easy heat and eat dinner after a long day?  That wasn't too bad nutritionally?  

I did get 2 mini frozen pizzas one is cooling right now (I added extra cheese).  And then I saw the frozen pupusas.  I got those last year and they were really good.  I couldn't decide between the pork and the bean so I got one of each.  I can't find 8 pupusas for $10 anywhere.  And, best of all, I don't have to travel to get them.  I also got some frozen burritos, those are always good.  That will hold me a while.  

I also got some canned vegetables and some powdered sugar free drink mix.  

That's it for now.  Praise God I don't have to go to work early tomorrow.  

No comments: